Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimise new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 900 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your task will include:
- Ensure the engineering team has the proper training and resources to accomplish their jobs and goals.
- Will mainly focus on People Management
- Help setting individual goals and following up during 1-1s
- Performance evaluation
- Work closely to Tech Lead and product manager to understand the team's talent needs
- Your mission will be to coach and manage the technical teams, structure and scale these teams, help them make the best decisions, and ensure the successful Product Development Roadmap execution.
- Be the communication channel between the team and leadership, and viceversa
- Participate in the hiring process and onboarding engineers
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Ability to delegate
- Problem-solving skills
- Team leadership attitude
- Emotional intelligence
- Knowledge in Coaching
On your first month in Fever:
- You will be fully integrated into the team. During this month you will have already setup weekly 1-1s with your team and talked about objectives.
- You will get familiar with Fever’s tech stack and frameworks used to develop our applications.
- You will attend some of the Fever Original’s experiences like Candlelight
After 3 months in Fever:
- You’ll be managing the team members' career, expectations, performance and level of happiness.
- You’ll collaborate with the product manager and your manager to provide the best environment for your team to succeed, focusing on training and hiring when needed.
- You will understand the team's roadmap and support the PM and Tech Lead in taking strategic decisions.
- You will be the hiring manager for your team.
- You will attend different types of Fever experiences.
On your 6th month in Fever:
- You’ll handle feedback sessions and performance reviews.
- You’ll be contributing to the team and the whole engineering organisation's working culture and processes.
- You will organise the team building off-sites and ensure your team has visibility in the wider org.
- You will help contribute to a healthy workplace and work culture.
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering departments
- At least 1 year of experience as Engineering Manager
- Technical education, engineering or similar
- Strong communications skills
- Experience in people management, career development and, performance evaluation
- People-focused management
- Experience in assessment tools and metrics
- Nice to have startups experience or company or very fast growth
- Experience applying best practices in technical teams (Agile methodologies, peer reviews, testing, sprints execution...).
- Resourceful, to be able to make informed and well-judged decisions with limitations of knowledge in particular areas.
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- Health insurance
- Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- English Lessons
- We have free food, drink and fruit at the office!
- Stock Options
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!