Today, there’s more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers and follow us on Twitter @Netskope and Facebook.
We are looking for a talented and proactive engineering manager to help us drive a growing and highly experienced team of engineers, working together to build state-of-the-art security products. As part of your role, you will have to conduct daily meetings, evaluate team capacity and work closely with principal team members and directors to successfully execute planning and milestones.
- Drive daily standup meetings with the team to ensure the project is on-track and that issues are resolved timely.
- Plan the day-to-day and future work for the team using agile methodologies.
- Plan and manage work for the team, evaluating the team performance and the need of growing.
- Actively working with the director of engineering and the architects involved in the project.
- Conduct hiring interviews as part of team growth planning.
- Plan development timeline according to the requirements.
- Monitors project timelines and key development milestones.
- Deliver monthly progress reports.
- Conduct performance reviews and one & ones to the team as planned by a schedule and present reports to the director of engineering.
- As an Engineering Manager you will have to motivate, understand and guide about the career paths of the development team.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of software development and cloud services.
- Experience developing componnets in different languages as C/C++, NodeJS, Go, etc.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams of 10+ engineers.
- Previous experience working with remote teams across several countries and in different timezones.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Previous experience working with Scrum methodologies: sprint management.
- Experience with software development principles and application methodology in SDLC.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and software frameworks.
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Be highly innovative, inspiring, flexible and self-directed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in cybersecurity will be a bonus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree (MS Preferred)