Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and attendees need to be empowered with new tools and technologies to assist them in having the most meaningful live experiences.
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for a cross-functional team that delivers features to our Eventbrite event creators and event consumers.
You will partner with your design and product counterparts to empower users to find and discover events. You’ll help refine our software development lifecycle process, clarify design requirements, and accelerate progress. You'll support the career growth of our engineers and provide them with opportunities to distinguish themselves as they drive impact throughout our organization.
- Lead a remote-first, cross-functional engineering team to deliver high-quality software in small, regular iterations.
- Continuously aim to reduce cycle time and improve the efficiency of the team.
- Ensure team members have the knowledge of the wider organizational context for their work, goals and outcomes.
- Hold team members accountable for achieving their goals while operating with high levels of autonomy.
- Collaborate with your Product and Design counterparts to align on the delivery of business outcomes, clarify requirements, validate assumptions and accelerate progress.
- Lead the engineering team to validate the feasibility of projects and ideas while in continuous collaboration with cross-functional partners and other engineering teams.
- Collaborate with other engineering managers to drive innovation in processes and strategies throughout the business pilar.
- Facilitate the hiring and onboarding of engineers.
- Maintain regular communication with the leadership team.
- Foster a culture of transparency, accountability and openness.
THE SKILL SET
- Experienced in leading, managing and inspiring cross-functional, agile engineering teams.
- A solid technical background with a passion for delivering high quality, maintainable software following lean/agile methodologies.
- Comfortable participating in architectural discussions, asking informative questions, and assisting the team in making strategic trade-offs.
- Experience applying concepts like experimentation, rapid prototyping, MVP definition, user research and data driven, customer first decision making to engineering.
- Experience working within a highly collaborative, remote-first environment, driving a team that ships code to production often.
- The ability to recruit, onboard, grow and develop a globally-distributed engineering team
- An understanding of build/deployment pipelines and tooling
- An understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent facilitation skills involving the whole team in group based decision making.
- The ability to work proficiently in English.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.