Who are we?
Let’s face it - finding a place to live in ranges from moderately painful to abysmal. Taking time off work for multiple viewings, competition for the best properties, and relentless admin fees make the process time consuming, lengthy and complicated. At Spotahome, we are on a mission to reinvent the property rental experience by making it transparent, instant, and exciting. Loved at last: Unreal estate.
We’re an online marketplace offering anyone, anywhere a comprehensive listing of apartments, rooms, studios, and student residences in the city of their choice. Our home checkers personally check thousands of rooms taking professional photos, HD video tours and designing floor plans, meaning potential tenants can find their new home 100% remotely.
We’re looking for a customer obsessed, results driven, and technically fearless Engineering Manager to join us in changing the rental industry, from our new hub in Clerkenwell, London.
What would you be doing?
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a growing engineering team , establish and identify goals for the team, contribute to growing it and provide structure and direction to deliver value to their customers.
- You will work with a team of highly skilled Engineers, Product Managers, UX Designers and QA Engineers, and you will enable them to set the direction of the team. Along with the Technical Leads and Engineers, you will have to ensure our technology and architecture solves customer problems effectively.
- You will find the balance of managing teams and staying connected to technical details, as well as external technology trends. On a day-to-day basis, you will partner and communicate with our Madrid and London offices, quickly make technical and organizational decisions, and help grow and develop new and Senior Engineers.
- You will have technical hands-on coding experience in technologies like JS, React, and Node.js
- You will join a very fast-paced startup environment ensuring that your team delivers the best product in the market and the best tech tools for our Listers, Renters, and the Spotahome operations and support teams. The technical decisions and products your team delivers will be used by millions of people across the world to find their homes. It is a huge challenge that requires both a technical and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You will be challenged every day with different technical and business problems and you will independently decide how to solve them, while communicating with and working in close partnership a diverse, global team.
- You will help us build an engineering culture of speed, learning, and rapid iteration. You will support your team members to grow as engineers and be successful at Spotahome. You will be part of hiring and onboarding new members of the organization.
- Solid experience writing reusable code in front-end technologies such as JS, React, and Node.js.
- Previous experience managing and mentoring direct reports
- Experience working in a Test Driven Development environment
- Experience with microservices architecture
What we value:
- Our team has a true passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code. We love Software Design Patterns, and emphasise reliability, scalability and quality in all of the work we do.
- We are an agile team, with some members working remotely, so we have value strong and open communication. We are fans of solid software architecture and we read and apply some of the DDD principles to create the best product team in a microservices environment. All teams are independent and own their own CI/CD with frontend and backend completely decoupled. We deploy several times a day which means we can see our code in production in record time.
- We’re scaling fast…. Like really fast. With that comes some ambiguity, so you’ll need to be able to move fast and make decisions that will impact our developers and our customers.
- We love learning and we love learners. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we want you to be passionate about learning and self-improvement… regardless of how much experience you have.
Our People and Culture:
We were international from the start. Our four founding partners lived all over the world before getting together to create Spotahome and we’re now a team of over 25 different nationalities.
We live for the customer and embrace simplicity, we trust in trust and constantly innovate - we truly believe in our mission to make renting as simple and fast as getting a coffee.
We understand that rush-hour can be horrible, and have flexibility around working hours, and there’s no problem with working from home when you need to. We want you to be in the frame of mind to do your best work.
Posting Date: 12/6/2019
Closing Date: 13/7/2019