YOUR WAY INTO THE FUTURE
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our international agile Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
As an Engineering Manager you will drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment. You will lead one of our cross-functional mission-based product teams as an Engineering Manager to enable high performance of a group of passionate, international engineers on the path of building a best-in-class HR Operating System!
YOUR WAY UNTIL TODAY
- This is a hands-on role that combines People Management skills and Coding abilities. Around 70% will be people management and 30% technical leadership
- You are responsible for the personal development and regular feedback for a team of 5-8 engineers
- You strive to promote and implement engineering best practices within your team & tiebreak technical discussions
- You collaborate closely with your team’s Product Manager & align with other external and internal stakeholders
- You enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, and performant features according to Personio standards
- You are passionate about building a culture of ownership and autonomy in your team
- You will directly contribute to building our engineering organization by recruiting and hiring tech talent for Personio
- Over three years of people management experience in engineering teams, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- Over five years of professional Web Software Development experience as a Back-end or a Full-stack Engineer
- Confidence in presenting to an internal and external audience
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary teams with Agile/SCRUM
- Knowledge of OOP and system architecture, strong knowledge of the full lifecycle of web application development
- Experience in enabling teams to transform a legacy system to a state-of-the-art microservice architecture
- Advanced multitasking and prioritization skills
- Willing to relocate - position is onsite-only in Madrid
- Excellent English language skills (level C1/C2), German and/or Spanish are a plus
- Previous hands-on experience in one or several of the following technologies: Ruby on Rails, Java, Kotlin, Microservices
WHY WORKING WITH US
- Because joining us at an early stage shows your trust and confidence in Personio, we want you to also profit from the success of the company. Therefore, we will offer you a competitive compensation package (e.g. salary, benefits, virtual shares)
- Flexible working hours
- 26 paid vacation days plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- €1.500 Euros development budget
- Three hours of weekly English classes
- Grant for transport and food approx € 68 per month
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headsets with noise cancellation
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth and to grow and learn from your tasks
- A creative working environment and short decision-making paths
- Full responsibility for your area
- Regular team and company events (e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, among others)
- An office location in the heart of Madrid
- Relocation and visa support through an expert agency to Madrid
By now we already have more than 2000 customers, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe. At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward-thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?
In 2019, tech consultancy GP Bullhound included Personio in a list of 50 European start-ups set to achieve a billion-dollar valuation over the next two years, giving them ‘unicorn’ status.