What you'll do
- Lead and further develop a high-performance team in a specialised domain of up to 10 cross-discipline engineers.
- Help grow the commerce domain by crafting the platform and tools needed for the domain to serve multiple customers.
- Collaboratively define and drive technical strategy and roadmap and evangelising to the product teams, operators, and broader organisation.
- Advocate and implement sustainable best-practices, and develop the technical strategy that will guide the short and long term plans
- Provide context, support and guidance as the team works toward our business objectives — you will inspire, not merely direct
- Collaborate closely with your product, insights and design counterparts to efficiently deliver the desired outcomes
- Work closely with compliance teams to make sure that you collaboratively provide for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Lead development of systems to build upon existing functionality to develop it into a platform that serves multiple customers.
- Partner with senior leadership to align our efforts in the domain space within the overall Commerce strategy.
- You will be based in a Spotify R&D location, but travel to work in our other locations and you will work with our external partners occasionally
Who you are
- You have extensive experience leading engineering teams at consumer-focused companies.
- Well versed in current commerce technologies and practices with a good understanding of creating platforms for multiple customers
- A fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with internal and external partners alike. You thrive when developing great people and phenomenal products
- You have good insight into product and design methodologies and are well-versed in data-informed development
- You want to make an impact and take on big complex issues
- You have experience from successful delivery of high-quality outcomes
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
- We ask that our team members be located within Greenwich Mean time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify