- Manage an efficient and healthy team that consistently sets, communicates, and meets goals, contributing to the success of the surrounding organization
- Support this team in their development efforts using agile methodologies and processes for delivery
- Identify and resolve the day-to-day technical, managerial and operational problems encountered by your team while creating the right strategy, culture and process for your team to tackle goals effectively
- Define, track and analyze KPIs that inform the success of your actions
- Ensure speed, flexibility, and success of development and maintenance by continuously improving your team's internal and collaborative processes
- Strategically recruit and manage talent in your team, creating growth opportunities for team members while addressing gaps and risks through mentoring, knowledge transfer, performance management, recruiting and retention
- Be ultimately accountable for the team’s technical decisions, and for achieving the right architecture and tradeoffs to reach and maintain high engineering throughput
- Proven technical leadership skills acting as technical lead of agile development teams
- Architectural-level experience with our back-end and front-end technologies and scalable distributed systems
- Demonstrated experience designing and building large-scale, high-traffic applications
- Expert knowledge in defining, analyzing, and responding to product KPIs
- No qualms about getting hands-on when necessary
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including motivating teams of engineers
- A commitment to changing the practice of science
- You work to build a healthy and collaborative working environment for your team and colleagues
- You promote ResearchGate's cultural values across your scope of impact
- You are a great advocate for your team and team members and continuously build recognition
- You ignite pride about ResearchGate, mission, our engineering, and promote ResearchGate's image to the public
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 14+ million researchers worldwide.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.
ResearchGate company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.