Hi, we're UserZoom - nice to meet you! If you’ve never heard of us before, we help companies get the user experience (UX) insights they need to deliver great digital experiences at scale through our all-in-one software platform (both web and mobile) and professional services teams.
We believe that every company will soon be a digital experience company, and we want to help make those digital experiences better. We do this by providing UX insights to some of the biggest brands in the world so they, in turn, can improve the experience they give their customers.
Check out more info here: www.userzoom.com
As part of the Engineering Team, you will have a great opportunity to contribute to building on our SaaS platform. Working alongside our global team (our UZ family can be found in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland) you will be responsible for creating something truly amazing - the UX industry is an exciting place to be right now. As UserZoom grows, so does our focus on your career and personal development. And more importantly, the team here at UserZoom is like a family - we're both supportive and welcoming of new team members, with plenty of social events (if you like to get involved).
This is what you'll be doing . . .
- Overseeing development stages, from defining user stories to releasing to production, following the progress of work and addressing production issues during sprints.
- Taking responsibility for incremental releases within multiple projects.
- Managing a well-defined project management process in close collaboration with the team, and championing ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Being the spokesperson for the Product in Engineering, able to defend & discuss proposals with managers and teammates.
- Keeping context and consistency of new & existing features, setting sprint goals, refining and prioritizing the backlog aligning with the Product roadmap.
- Supporting the Product Manager in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Coaching team-mates in terms of progress, career, feedback, performance, aspirations, personal goals.
- Practical approach to solve conflicts (both personal and technical)
- Support engineers and help reach a resolution when challenges arise
- Keep the passion for the product, team mates, goals and general company spirit
A few things we require for this position . . .
- You have 5+ years of work experience as an Engineering Manager, Product Owner or a similar role in end-to-end project management of software development.
- You love to optimize systems while taking ownership of features and look after them on their way to becoming real.
- You are committed to quality solutions, with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view of complex projects.
- Experience with adapted Agile/Scrum practices and tools, such as Jira or equivalent.
- You have hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle.
- You have a balanced business/technical background with:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams.
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- You are able to evaluate product progress at each iteration.
- You speak fluent English.
- You have team spirit and good communication abilities.
- You are able to promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution.
- You are eager to learn, screen those learnings and apply the best suited.
- You have good organizational & time management skills.
A few things that would be valuable for this position . . .
- SaaS experience in companies responsible for their own product.
- Interest in scaling agile, by learning and adapting through daily challenges.
- Experience in different Agile scenarios & practices.
- Experience analyzing project/team KPIs, metrics or OKRs.
- Overall understanding of cloud & distributed technologies used in the product.
- Preferred location: Barcelona
- Career path
- Birthday as an additional holiday
- Spanish/ English lessons
- Referral program
- Flexible retribution
- (Zoom) Team building activities
- Flexible working hours
- Private Health insurance (AXA)
- Training & development program
- International working environment
We seek insight from all people
At UserZoom, we're all about recognising the insights that different people bring to our company - it's what makes us so successful. We know the value and innovation a diverse group of people can create and that's why building a diverse team is a priority for us, regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective.
We're on a continuous journey to improve how we recognise & evaluate each person's skills and how each individual can enhance our culture & values. We are committed to being consistent in how we shortlist, assess, hire, onboard, reward and promote based on merit.