We are looking for engineering managers with a strong technical background to lead and grow a team of engineers, guiding them to find simple solutions to complex problems at scale.
Our engineers work in autonomous squads where they can shape their own backlog, deliver value to our travellers, shipping high quality code without dependencies on others. Your focus will be mentoring and developing them towards reaching their career goals, as well the ever scaling objectives at Skyscanner.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that the traveller needs are at the forefront when building creative and robust products
- Lead, coach and further develop a team of engineers through regular 1:1s, feedback sessions and performance reviews
- Guide your team in the design and development of highly scaleable and performant systems
- Support your team in setting and following the operational processes, engineering principles and standards
- Partner with product managers to define the roadmap and deliver new features that will deliver value to our users
What we’re looking for:
- Humble leaders experienced in managing and developing high-performing engineers
- Deep understanding of building scalable systems using cloud technologies
- Collaborative and experimental approach to solving complex problems
More info on Skyscanner:
We employ over 1000 staff across eleven offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth.
We are proud to have a flexible working environment that sets our employees up for success. The many benefits we provide our employees include medical insurance, health screening options and an employee assistance programme to support you and your loved ones.
- - ‘Skyscanner University’ offers a range of courses for tech and business topics.
- - At Skyscanner there’s no clocking in and there’s no bell at the end of the day, they prefer to give you the freedom and autonomy to do your job, add value and own your work.
- - Better than average annual leave in all office locations.
- - There’s enhanced maternity and paternity leave and a flexible working policy to encourage and enable a healthy work-life balance.