TeamCMP is a digital entertainment company founded in Rochester (NY) in the early 2000’s and with offices in Barcelona since 2007.
We're 170+ people energized about our future and enjoying everything a high-growth company has to offer. We're technologists, marketers, business operators, video producers and VR experts from over 33 nationalities
At TeamCMP we are passionate about innovation! We take a cutting-edge approach to development by utilizing the latest technologies and experimenting with all the new gadgets
Big volumes = big challenges
We field more than 250 million HTTP sessions per-day from our collection of some of the world's most well trafficked sites and our B2C products lead in their respective markets. We are committed to amplifying our presence and accelerating growth through our passionate, entrepreneurial and innovative workforce.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Engineer Manager to join our Billing team!
Our Billing Team is composed of fullstacks and backends located in Barcelona and Rochester (New York).
We are working to create new microcomponents using a serverless approach in AWS. Also, we are maintaining a legacy monolith in PHP that is being dismantled piece by piece.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a team player. A proactive person, open to learn new things and share them with the rest.
Also, you like to be part of the technical conversation and help others.
What will you do?
- Technical vision and direction
- Mentor and coach the team
- Technical design (in partnership with the Tech Leads)
- Product direction (in partnership with the Product Owners)
- Overall strategy (in partnership with the senior leaders)
- Help with code reviews
- Limited code contribution (often non-blocking tasks)
- Help with the project management like prioritization and timeline (in partnership with the Product Managers)
- Headcount Planning and Hiring
- Team management
- Team Building Activities and Culture
- Career development
- Performance management (Objectives, Performance and Feedback, One on Ones)
- Activities unrelated to your team (e.g. committees)
- Set and review expectations
How will you do it?
We work in an iterative and incremental way using Scrum and Kanban with a focus on micro-deliveries and adding business value as soon as we can.
We adapt and evolve our way of working according to the team suggestions.
We have a Team-first Mindset: focus on the team goals, help other team members, avoid "winning" arguments and, instead, agree to explore options. Also, we are implementing a "you build, you run it" mentality to have autonomous and happy teams.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Experience as coder.
- Great analytical and math skills.
- Incredible problem solving abilities.
- Ability to collaborate with many other teams.
- Interpersonal skills to manage a team on engineers.
- Ability to give constructive criticism.
- Ability to make decisions quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Business Level English: all spoken and written business communications are in English.
- And especially: Be a good person!
- Experience with either PHP, typescript, Nodejs, GoLang.
- Experience as devops.
- You like to help elderly cross the road.
Which are the steps of the recruitment process?
In a first quick phone call with our people team you will be able to ask any question about the company and we will understand if there is a first match about what we are looking for and what you are looking for.
Then, there will be a first interview with your potential manager and the team Tech Lead to analyze your skills.
Finally, there will be a role play with part of the team to understand your match with the team.
- Private Health and Dental Insurance plan for employees.
- Subsidized gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Monthly internet allowance.
- Working from home setup allowance.
- Company sponsored Spanish, Catalan and English classes.
- Sponsored training and development.
- Quarterly company bonus programme.
- Top notch Apple equipment.
- Remote policy and flexible working hours.
- Flexible Bank Holidays. Design your own calendar with a lengthy consecutive vacation day policy.
- Day off for your birthday
- Hybrid remote model office.
*Please note: All applications must be submitted in English