Madrid, Spain (at least three days in office) with flexibility to accommodate meetings with US colleagues (within the US Eastern time zone) for effective collaboration.
At Celonis, we have a variety of different frontend challenges ranging from building forms, components, and pages for our products, reusable components, component libraries, design systems, micro frontend architectures, and highly optimized visualizations that render big data, frontend SDKs, etc. Your team will be part of the broader Madrid engineering organization.
This role is in partnership with the AI and Machine Learning team based in New York and California (CeloAI). You and your team will be working closely and primarily with the CeloAI team to develop innovative frontend user experiences and product features to bring the intelligent platform capabilities provided by the CeloAI team to Celonis customers.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading a small and focused team to execute a defined mission, managing the careers of the team members and their performance, and actively fostering successful group dynamics to help the team accomplish their mission.
Engineering Managers ensure that their teams have a manageable level of technical complexity and that they are working collaboratively with adjacent teams. They also jointly define goals/OKRs with other stakeholders that contribute to larger strategic efforts.
Engineering Managers work largely independently on defining the scope and impact of their team, and their leadership influence should be evident across multiple groups in addition to their own. When working closely with related teams, they should help support the team health and objectives of those related teams as well as their own.
Engineering Managers at this level possess the technical judgment and decision making expected of Software Engineers at any level, often making technical contributions that have a direct impact on the team's mission.
As the manager of a small and focused team, you will have a chance to directly contribute to technical components through technical design, design review, code review, or (optionally) coding yourselves.
Note: In this you will contribute at least 50% of the time coding
The work you’ll do
- Lead the team to successfully deliver to their mission - manage the performance and support the career development of senior and upper-mid-level engineers
- Contribute technically within the team’s scope in close collaboration with the backend AI/ML teams
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other leads on goals and strategies around people, technology, and processes
- Build and maintain an engineering culture of trust, ownership, and collaboration within the team as well as the department
- Advocate for the (whole) team; provides upward and outward visibility of the team and their work.
The qualifications you need
- Previous experience in an Engineering Manager or technical leadership position (usually 2+ years of proven experience leading project and people)
- Strong technical knowledge (usually 5+ years of experience in software engineering is expected)
- Experience working in the fields of AI, Machine Learning, Process Mining is a plus, but not necessarily, you will get a lot of opportunities to learn!
- Knowledge around Agile concepts (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Delivery)
- Ability to lead and make decisions to define the road ahead
- Ability to resolve technical conflicts when necessary, fostering a positive environment for escalations
- Ready to roll up your sleeves to contribute technically (contribute at least 50% of the time coding)
- Strong communication skills (English language), allowing you to collaborate smoothly with people across the business and technical domains
What Celonis can offer you
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- The opportunity to work with a world class AI/ML team, with veterans from Google, Meta, Bloomberg, and PhDs / Professors from Columbia, NYU, Georgia Tech.
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.