What you will be doing day to day
You will be a technical leader for Marketplace Dynamics and a strong advocate for growth of individuals and best practices through the organization.
Marketplace Dynamics solves complex problems to match demand and supply, making our carriers more engaged and making sure that we keep our profit margin. The team is focused on pricing, margin optimization, assignment prioritization, smart routing and GIS.
You will be active in the technical part not only facilitating decisions with Product and Business but also remaining hands-on with code.
You will be a reliable manager motivating, challenging and contributing to the professional development. You will work on improving communication inside and across the company and work on conflicts resolution. You will ensure the team is balanced in terms of sizing, skills and roles and participate in recruitment-hiring when it’s need it.
You will influence the team in order to have in mind at all times performance, quality and best practices.
You will be responsible for prioritizing technical tasks and getting obstacles out of the way so the team is focused and can work as efficiently as possible. You will identify weaknesses and strengths making sure the workload is distributed.
OnTruck is transforming the road transportation industry, €600 billion just in Europe. We make trucking simple, transparent and on-demand.
OnTruck is a B2B logistics platform, connecting companies looking to move pallets with our network of carriers. We offer shippers a web platform to make the process of finding the right truck quick and simple with built-in track and trace. Carriers are able to accept shipments through a mobile app, letting them grow and manage their business with ease.
Our team has deep experience in building great products and companies. We know success, we know failure; we have built platforms from scratch, we have dealt with large legacy systems. We care about each other and about the product and services we are building.
OnTruck is backed by the top investors in Europe.
Your skills and experience
You excel at Software Engineering, communication and team management skills.
- Software Engineering: You have a strong background, recent and relevant experience in Software Development related to algorithms, optimization, operations research, dynamic pricing and/or GIS. You are a hands-on leader that is active in making sure that the team delivers the projects without sacrificing quality and good practices.
- Communication: You are able to present complex topics to different types of audiences. You have experience discussing technical topics. You work closely with the Product Manager to ensure efficiency and alignment inside and outside the team.
- Team Management: You have previous experience
managing engineering teams including motivating, delegating and
resolving personal conflicts.
You’ve been building teams, responsible for hiring, and have worked on the career development plan of your team.
- Methodology Skills: You have experience and interest in agile methodologies.
Other relevant info
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning, every single day.
- A flat, laid-back culture. Everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute.
- High-trust environment. We believe in giving autonomy to all our employees.
- Competitive compensation packages. We are looking for the very best talent, and will reward accordingly.
- Good equipment. You will have a fresh new powerful laptop.
- Awesome offices in central Madrid. We are easily accessible by public transport, as well as close to public bike stations. Flexible schedule.