Join our team
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, millions of students around the world have completed over 90 million DataCamp exercises to date.
DataCamp's engineering team consists of multiple product teams, that consist of an embedded product manager, an engineering lead, and a group of individually contributing engineers. This product team has a lot of autonomy in deciding what to work on, how to build it and when to deliver it.
We are looking for engineering leads to lead the existing learn engineering team (responsible for all learning interface frontends and the backends and session management framework to support it) and the teach engineering team (responsible for the applications that make teaching on DataCamp easy, fast and effective). In addition, we continue to build new products to make learning data science engaging and effective, and we are building new product teams for these initiatives as well. More specifically, we need somebody to head our community and open source efforts and somebody to start a new team focused on Excel education.
Our ideal candidate
- Has 2+ years of web development experience with Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, React, or Vue.
- Can write clean, maintainable, performant and testable code.
- Can work well in a team but is also independent and self-organized.
- Enjoys coding, planning, and people management.
- Has excellent communication skills.
It's a plus if
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You have experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI
- You have recruited and built teams from the ground up before.
- You love taking ownership of a product or feature from start to finish.
- You are passionate about data science and education.
What we offer
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options at an early stage start-up.
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day.
- Flexible working hours.
- International company retreats every 6 months.
- Conference and hardware budget.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great).
For this position, we are not considering remote candidates. DataCamp will provide help and budget if you relocate.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.