As of now, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Lead (m/f/d) for our tech hub in Barcelona.
What are your responsibilities:
- You and your team build the FREE NOW driver-applications in close collaboration with your product peer
- You are the technological and disciplinary lead of currently five development teams
- You are responsible for currently at least five agile development teams (currently around 40 people)
- You will lead your Lead Developers and Scrum Master as well as their iOS, Android and Backend developers
- You work independently and are responsible for the continuous functional and personal development of the team members (e.g. through regular feedback talks) as well as the expansion of your teams
- As part of your responsibility, you will act as an important communication interface between your team and many stakeholders in our headquarter in Hamburg
- Create a network within the local developer scene to position FREE NOW as the first choice for developers in Barcelona and representing FREE NOW as a great innovative company in the local tech community (e.g. University cooperations, Meetups, Conferences, etc.)
- Proactive expansion of our work processes
- You are responsible for the selection and recruitment of new employees together with the Talent Acquisition recruitment team
- Willingness to travel regularly to our headquarter in Hamburg
These are your qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar background
- Experience in disciplinary and technical leadership of employees
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly
- You are an empathic communicator and motivator
- Knowledge in mentoring and training of employees
- Experience in selecting new employees (conception of tests, conducting a job interview, etc.)
- In several years of agile software development you had the chance to proof your hands-on mentality already
- Fluent proficiency in English. Spanish desirable
- Experience in an international company or team away from your home country is a plus
You are a perfect fit if your team is the centre of your attention. Through your previous experience, empathy and instinct you constantly develop your team further. You are a sympathetic listener and are willing to help your teams to self-organize. Your self-concept is that of a "servant leader”, you lead farsighted and always strike the right chord. We are looking for a motivated leader who technically has their finger on the pulse of current affairs.
About FREE NOW:
FREE NOW was founded as mytaxi in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver.
In July 2019, mytaxi rebranded to FREE NOW as part of a global mobility brand family and set itself up as a multiservice mobility provider. With 14 million passengers and more than 100,000 drivers, FREE NOW is one of the leading ride-hailing providers in Europe. Since February 2019, the service is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler.
FREE NOW today works with more than 700 employees in 26 offices and is available in over 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is leading the operational business as CEO Europe of FREE NOW.
What can we offer you?
- Intensive Fridays
- Gym membership
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Quarterly team-building activities (karting, bowling, laser tag, escape rooms, barbecues/calçotades…)
- Yearly off-site hacking weeks
- Hacking days and occasional trips to our HQ in Hamburg
- Weekly free buffet breakfasts in the office
- Health insurance with basic dental coverage
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off, and 24th & 31st December off
- A monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides
- The opportunity to use the latest technologies and implement your own ideas
- Flexible learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops, events and conferences
- Free language lessons
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like free fruit, unlimited drinks, after-work beers and many more!
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at FREE NOW it’s true)!