As an Engagement Manager at Vainu, you are responsible for getting
Customers to start using Vainu within 1,5 months from the contract
period start and empower Customers to get the most out of Vainu. Your
task is to sell the concept of data-driven sales to both the Customers'
management groups and Vainu's end users. You consult our
Customers on how they can achieve better results in sales using data.
You will have a leading role in the development of our growing, but
still small, Clients-team in Netherlands.
We have over 100 customers in Netherlands and our sales team ensures that we get new customers every week. Being able to maintain long-term customer relations plays an important role in SaaS companies. Factors that affect our customer satisfaction are primarily that they use the platform in a smart and active way, and measure the use from day one.
As an Engagement Manager you get customers to receive the first benefits from Vainu during the training and implementation. For a successful implementation, the Customer needs to answer “Yes” when asked “Would you buy again?”
A Engagement Manager with us is ensuring fast and impactful implementation of Vainu at our customers. Working in a targeted way is very important here at Vainu.
To become a successful Engagement Manager requires:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in Customer Onboarding, Training and/or Customer Success.
- Basic understanding and interest in Sales
- Ability to implement projects
- Ability to empower others
- Self-confidence and expertise to bravely give solutions for the customer
- Native level language skills in Dutch and fluency in English
In addition, it is very useful if you have:
- Business-oriented mindset and understanding of business and sales strategies - ability to quickly grasp the essential
- Interest in technology, basic understanding of business technologies
- An eye for details
- Good self-discipline and self-leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-performing environment
- Ability to prioritise quickly and focus on high-impact activities
- Willingness to take those extra steps needed to exceed
- A structured way of working and time-vise precise. Focusing on scalability is needed.