Worldsensing products have been pioneering the industrial IoT since 2008. We’re looking for an outstanding Embedded Software Engineer to join the Engineering team in our Barcelona office.
Founded in 2008, Worldsensing works with more than 200 engineering service providers worldwide to help them improve geotechnical, geospatial and structural monitoring in mining, construction, rail and critical infrastructure management.
With over 1,000 networks deployed worldwide and connecting over 65,000 sensors to the Internet of Things, our Loadsensing product is the leader in the IoT remote monitoring space. The Loadsensing monitoring solution includes best-in-class edge devices, LoRa-based wireless connectivity and a cloud-based connectivity management platform. We also join forces with key industry players to offer software applications and solutions which engineering service providers use to add value to end customers.
We’re looking for an experienced, energetic Embedded Software Engineer to take Loadsensing to the next level.
Key data about the role:
Reports to: Devices Team Lead
Hybrid working environment
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer responsible for the development and maintenance of our Loadsensing gateways and applications. Your primary focus will be the development of our CMT edge product, which has both hardware and software components. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Keep documentation up to date and delivered to quality standards
- Experience in at least one high-level, object oriented programming language in different applications (Java, Python, PHP…)
- Knowledge of linux, both user space and system levels (Knowledge of Bash scripting, Package manager system (ipkg, opkg).
- Experience working with embedded systems and resource constrained environments
- Good understanding of networking, systems and security concepts
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with LPWAN protocols, ideally LoRa and LoRaWAN
- Knowledge of Bash scripting
- Experience working in Agile development following SCRUM process and sprints
- Engineering degree
- Have developed at least a similar product or application in the past
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation
- Proactivity and autonomy
- Ability to adapt to multicultural environment with good interpersonal relationships
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Great work environment: we are a passionate, tight-knit team hailing from 20+ countries
- We are a family-friendly company and support a healthy work-life balance, we’re outcome oriented
- You will work remotely while the COVID situation persists
- We like grabbing lunch or a drink together, and coming together for fun events organized by Worldsensing (COVID-permitting)
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing initiatives or transversal committees (communities, show and tell, etc.)
- You can expect a competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping and pioneering the Industrial Internet
*Hybrid working environment
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.