You will join at a time when there is a minimum software implementation for the features needed for driving, but many additional features and quality improvements are needed before the vehicle is fully ready to be delivered to our customers. Special attention will be for implementing security and safety controls to ensure that the vehicle is safe to drive and (almost) unhackable. A premium vehicle needs premium software. You will play a key role in getting us there.
You are also excited by the fact that we have a 7” touch screen which is powered by an Android system. You will use your knowledge of C and embedded systems to integrate our custom made hardware with the Android system. You like the fact that we have a connected vehicle made for sharing, with remote locking and unlocking via virtual keys. The software in the various controllers can be updated over the air, and you like to work on this. You also realise that with great power comes great responsibility and you dedicate your professional skills to make sure that all this works well and in a secure way.
You'll be focusing on:
- Writing firmware for the various controllers on board;
- Implementing algorithms for sensor data processing and throttle control;
- Developing secure over-the-air update capability and virtual key locking/unlocking;
- Ensuring proper embedded system quality by following industry standard processes.
This is the right role for you if you have:
- 3 or more years' experience with C;
- Experience with microcontroller programming;
- Knowledge of secure coding practices;
- Experience with structured embedded software testing;
- Knowledge of electronics.
We are looking for a fast learner who thrives in challenging environments and has a creative yet structured approach to problem solving. You are a team player who enjoys working in a passionate team, who is curious by nature and takes ownership at work.
Will be considered a plus:
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 standard;
- Experience in electronics design;
- Knowledge of real-time systems;
- Experience in developing for automotive;
- Knowledge of cryptography and security-critical coding;
- Experience with embedded Linux / Android and Kernel programming.