About Gartner Digital Markets:
Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to
help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the
tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what
they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra,
Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their
next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers
the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability
and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity
to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always
growing and transforming.
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Elixir Software Engineer to work with our highly skilled technology team located in central Barcelona.
This position works closely with our designers and engineers to build a compelling product and implement exciting new features - all with the goal of ensuring a great experience for website users.
What You Will do:
- Your primary responsibility will be development and maintenance of the international marketplace web platform codebase ensuring the highest quality experience for our users.
- Responsible for the timely development of well-defined, larger product features/changes, expected to use judgement & apply functional knowledge of methodology/best practices; Develop code documentation as a reference.
- Become active participant in technical design process, expected to contribute own ideas for changes/new features; Capable of owning independent small-to-medium features all the way through from technical design to launch.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Challenging projects: You will work on recommendation systems, Elasticsearch based search engine, business analytics, front end applications and many other projects.
- Modern technologies: Elixir is our language of choice, but we love exploring and using best tools for the job. We actively use Docker to power our infrastructure.
What You Will Need:
- A passion for technology and development, a hunger to learn, a desire to meet challenges, a commitment to applying engineering best practice to produce top quality solutions.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of software development methodology, techniques & standards.
- Understanding of software design concepts, patterns, tools, best practices.
- Verbal English skills (we work in English!).
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
Job Requisition ID:29117
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.