Do you want to help shape the future of commercial drones at one of London’s most exciting robotics startups?
HyBird is a London-based drone startup, which spun out of University College London (UCL) and is now looking to welcome you to join its core team. We promote a good balance of independence and collaboration: entrusting team members to be great leaders and have autonomy over their responsibilities; and working collaboratively (both internally and externally) to achieve the best results and solve the toughest problems.
- Designing & assembling the onboard drone electronics (primarily
sensors) ready for data capture (from a variety of sensors).
- Designing and miniaturising PCB and wiring systems.
- Designing the live data transmission system to ground station.
- Building robotic systems for integration onboard the drone.
- Collaboration with key partners in the relevant spaces.
- Monitoring the state of the art and attending conferences.
- Manufacturing methods selection based on technical, cost and risk analyses.
- Experience with drones/UAVs or other robotic devices.
- Ideally Master or PhD in relevant field (engineering, computer science or similar).
- Real-time operating systems experience.
- Low-level system communications (SPI, I2C, USART, etc.) experience.
- Experience in shipping code for products used at scale an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Drive, autonomy, curiosity and team play.
- Good level of English. Arabic or any additional language an asset.