At 3D Hubs we are doing something that has never been done before; decentralising manufacturing by connecting people who want to 3D print to the people owning the machines.
Today, 3D Hubs provides over 1 billion people access to a 3D printer within 10 miles of their home, that's almost 15% of the world population.
As an engineer in the 3D Hubs team you work on the core engine behind our platform. You will be responsible for building new features, creating tests and improving performance for the overall platform. You'll work in multidisciplinary teams on projects which directly impact the company's growth. Within these projects you'll have the freedom to set your own priorities closely together with the project-team.
You have extensive experience with Drupal but you are excited about the opportunity to learn Python within our team. Your challenge for the short term is twofold: assist us in deeply integrating other services we build (custom entities querying remote services) and accelerate our marketing efforts by improving the community side of the platform (Talk forum, Knowledge base etc.)
Are you up for this challenge? Read on!
Our technology stack
- PHP (Drupal 7/Composer)
- Python (Flask/SQLAlchemy)
- ES6 (Angular 1.5, Three.js)
- Sass / Pug
- AWS: EC2, S3, RDS etc
- Get excited by shipping your solutions and getting them validated by users asap
- Are eager to teach your colleagues and share knowledge inside and outside the team
- Like to choose the right tool for the right job
- Have experience in test automation
- Enjoy a vibrant, creative and ever changing environment
- Free 3D printing, anytime, at our office
- Real impact on our technical roadmap
- Work in a lean, fast-paced, start-up environment located in the heart of Amsterdam - Frederiksplein
- Work together with a rapidly expanding, international, young team of 40+ people and 12+ nationalities
- Get time to work on your own projects at our Pizza Nights
- Free lunch, Italian quality coffee and awesome Friday drinks
Wired: Startup of the Week: 3D Hubs
Techcrunch: 3D Hubs, an online marketplace for local 3D printing, scores $7M Series B
Newsweek: How 3D printing will make manufacturing in America great again
Engineering.com: 3D Hubs funded $7M for Distributed 3D Printing Services
About 3D Hubs
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!