At Camunda we have built a profitable business based on our open source software. Our middleware product is made by developers for developers and is helping a growing number of organizations around the world (e.g. NASA, Zalando, Universal, Lufthansa and many more) to visualize and automate their mission-critical business processes.
We are now redesigning our existing transactional middleware product from the ground up as a scalable, distributed system using streaming data paradigms. See https://zeebe.io
Do you have a passion for distributed systems and mechanical sympathy? Do you love working in open source? Come and join an innovative open source project in its early stages! You will fit right in.
As a developer at Camunda you'll be empowered to make your own decisions and you can always rely on the help and input of your teammates at the same time.
- Experience in contributing to the development of distributed systems such as Databases, Messaging Systems or Fast Data / Streaming Platforms
- Proficiency in Java or C / C++
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently in teams
- Understanding of consensus and replication algorithms such as Raft / Paxos etc. is a plus
- We don't estimate. Nobody will ask you how long it will take to finish a certain feature
- A fast growing, yet profitable and stable startup based centrally in Berlin Kreuzberg
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment (Kanban)
- Lots of opportunities to take responsibility and ownership and learn new skills
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Family friendly working conditions (our core office time is 5 hours!)
- Spend 10% of your working time on your own pet projects and personal development
- A phenomenal view over Berlin, free beverages, fruits, cereals, ice cream and beer (also home-brewed)
- Start date: Whenever you're available
- Fair and competitive salary
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Location: Berlin (no traveling involved)
Camunda is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.