This is a mission-critical leadership role that will help shape Eventbrite’s ambition to 10x its current revenue and market leadership position. Eventbrite powers millions of event creators of all shapes and sizes across 160+ countries and you will help create and deliver self-service solutions that match the uniqueness of our creators and the live experiences they create.
Last year alone, our platform processed over 291 million tickets across over 5.3 million events organized by more than 650K creators. In this role, you’ll be the leading tech engineer that will set up the direction of the most complex and business-critical areas of the Eventbrite tech stack with special focus on the creator’s tooling. Your will partner with our teams controlling the life cycle of our creators as well as their events, our financial systems and final journey of our customers' purchase experience.
This is a global position with teams located in the US, Argentina, Spain or India. We offer remote working opportunities for all our britelings and this one is NOT the exception. We believe in your productivity regardless of where you are.
- In our mission to connect the world through live experiences. We aim to delight our creators by offering the best self-service solutions for them to create events and by offering the best event discovery and ticketing solutions to our attendees.
- In trying new things and taking smart risks. We believe quality and speed are not a trade-off but a choice
- That diverse teams create superior products. We’re excited to see you hire and develop amazing engineers, designers, and product managers in our India hub who bring their authentic self to work and enhance our culture.
- That development is a team game. The best products are greater than the sum of the individuals that build them, and that the tightest alignment between engineering, product management, research, and design is necessary to succeed.
- In thinking about the long term. Short-term wins are easy but not sustainable.
- That Eventbrite offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have an impact at a global level in defining how we connect after the pandemic is behind us.
- Everyone is an owner irrespective of their title or role in the company.
- Establish the vision and strategy for our creator empowerment engineering organization (100+ engineers).
- Mentor our top engineering talent, and constantly elevate our team’s performance.
- You’ll be involved in our most business-critical/technically complex problems.
- Work with the teams within our organization as well as with teams from the other areas (platform, consumer)
- Map our business goals towards
- Drive a culture of excellence, ownership, and delivery.
- You will set aggressive targets for your teams, coach and develop strong talent, measure achievement against goals and drive continuous improvement.
- You’ll be responsible for the Area’s processes, driving their continuous improvement. You’ll lead Impthe improvement of our overall software quality and drive best practices. You’ll collaborate with other Sr. Principals across the company to converge on these processes and collectively improve.
- You’ll participate in the hiring of our top engineering talent and ensure we hold a high bar for any incoming briteling.
- Build a culture of learning with a strong Learning & Development practice, thus continuously enhancing the technology capabilities of our area.
- You’ll code. You’ll be expected to spend a large amount of your time defining our architecture, and helping teams across different pillars designing solutions, but you’ll also be hands-on on our key projects. You’ll be the role model for our teams when it comes to quality and productivity.
THE SKILL SET
- Prior experience leading an organization with 10+ teams.
- 10+ years of demonstrated success with senior-level, high-growth, and scaling organization decision-making while building respect and influence with multiple stakeholders and customers
- 10+years of relevant, broad engineering experience. Deep technical knowledge up and down the stack, with experience leading or facilitating technical architecture decision-making
- In-depth understanding of modern microservices architecture with significant experience in cloud-based services. Our systems are heavily based on AWS, so knowledge of this technology is a plus (but not strictly required)
- Experience leading dev-ops organizations in all the stages of the software lifecycle. Strong track record of leading the preparation of roadmaps, achieving high-performance execution and quality, and establishing the appropriate operational excellence processes to constantly improve our services
- Skilled communicator and listener; a natural leader especially while navigating change and uncertainty; strong at fostering respect, goal alignment, and setting up systems of trust; adept in group settings and intimate, one-on-one interactions
- Worked at a global company and have successfully built processes to operate across time zones. Have delivered multiple successful products to market that operate at scale (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.