The Cloudbeds team is composed of the greatest minds in technology and travel. Together, we build innovative technology products used to operate and grow lodging businesses all over the world, and connect those lodging businesses to travelers from every corner of the globe. Our aim is to make the world a more welcoming place; after all we understand the value of travel and share a love of different cultures, people, and places.
We’re looking for the world’s best technology innovators who want to help us reinvent the world of tech in travel and who love to travel as much as we do. Our hundreds of team members are spread over 40 countries, speaking 30+ languages. So, how do we do it? We have been a #remotefirst company since our founding in 2012, and we encourage every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe.
As a Director of Software Engineering at Cloudbeds, you will lead and manage a global software engineering team to deliver incredible products and solutions to 25000+ customers in 150 countries. Working closely with leadership, our head of architecture, and product, you will be instrumental in scaling and taking Cloudbeds software engineering to the next level by raising the bar.
You will help our engineers and engineering managers achieve their highest potential through coaching, recruitment, mentoring and being hands-on when needed. Yes, you will need to be able to roll up your sleeves! We are only looking for applicants who can hold their own as software engineers, and who have been able to successfully transition into management and leadership roles while still maintaining their technical prowess.
For our software engineering organization, you will manage and implement hiring, onboarding, performance management, career development, and training programs that promote technical excellence and accountability among team members.
This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a company completely transforming the world of travel technology. You will be an essential member of the team as we march toward our goal to power every lodging business in the world.
Location: Europe (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Lead and scale a rapidly growing, global software engineering organization.
- Dig deep into complex problems, distilling complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- Develop, align, and guide initiatives promoting technical excellence, innovation, engagement, and diversity
- Hire, develop, manage, and lead world-class engineers and engineering managers
- Develop the future leaders of Cloudbeds engineering
- Provide technical leadership and project management for all phases of the agile software development life cycle, leading from the front to hit organization level goals
- Be a frontline manager and leader among your peers and reports, leveraging your own technical background and experience
- Drive collaboration with leadership and non-technical stakeholders on company-wide projects.
You’ll Succeed With:
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 10+ years experience in Software Engineering; 5+ in SaaS.
- 10+ years experience developing software
- 3+ years experience managing high level individual contributors
- 5+ years experience managing managers and multiple teams
- Experience actively developing on an existing monolith while transitioning to a distributed, event-based microservice topology
- Experience working in a polyglot environment, from our legacy LAMP + Vue stack, to our modern microservices stack including JAVA Spring Boot, data streams, and React… even some modules in Perl
- Knowledge of some of our storage and database technologies such as S3, Aurora, MySQL, Cassandra, and Redshift
- Knowledge of modern programming frameworks such as Spring Boot; queueing technologies and design patterns, data streaming technologies such as Kafka
- Understanding of modern approaches to development operations
- Superior communication skills, allowing you to mind meld with a culturally diverse, international team
Nice to Haves:
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, EKS, and other modern infrastructure technologies
- Working knowledge of some of our storage and database technologies such as S3, Aurora, MySQL, Cassandra, and Redshift
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)