Reporting to the Chief Security Officer and SVP of Research & Security, the Director of Security is in charge of defining, implementing and enforcing security protocols and processes at all levels of the organization, including physical, software, project management and other areas.
The Director of Security will manage a team of aprox. 10 security analysts and cryptography researchers working together to achieve the goals of the Department and support the responsibility of Security within Scytl projects.
- Establish the Security strategy at a worldwide level for the Scytl Group.
- Lead the team of Security area of the Research & Security Department.
- Guarantee the information security compliance (ISO 27001 and/or GDPR) from:
- Scytl headquarters and all the branch offices.
- Any information asset owned by Scytl Group.
- Any software and technology delivered by Scytl companies
- Processes and activities from all Scytl employees and subcontractors.
- Assess the security of every software developed by Scytl, identifying rooms for improvement and action plans, establishing the strategy and guidelines for the team of Security Analysts (i.e., define, maintain and follow-up the Secure-Software Development Life Cycle of the company).
- Define and monitor the Security plan for all the companies of the Scytl Group.
- Risk management for any day-to-day activity.
- Security training and security awareness as a Security Expert.
- Advise Governments as an expert on Security and Electronic Voting technologies
- Participate in tenders and marketing events as a subject matter expert on Security and Electronic Voting technologies
- Lead the security audit processes implemented in the different projects.
- Participate in the Technical Committee of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, or any other related.
- Previous experience as a Security Consultant or Security auditor.
- Extensive experience in the field of security.
- Analysis and development of security protocols.
- Project management
- Experience managing teams, and strong organizational skills.
- Software Engineering concepts.
- Good communicator of technical concepts to non-technical people
- Strong negotiation / influence skills.
- Able to make the team proactive and motivated.
- Working with responsibilities, not with tasks.
- High level of English.
Requirements (extra points)
- Previous experience as a Security Director.
- Knowledge of cryptography and e-voting security.
- Development and management of patent applications
- Other languages are a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- International working environment;
- Creative and results focused team;
- Great office in Barcelona center.
- Free fruit and coffee at the office.
- Private Health Insurance
- Gym Membership (DIR & G4L)
- Free language classes
- Flexible compensation plan
- Flexible working hours (depending on project).
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.