Who we are: We are a workforce on-demand company that relies heavily on technology. We digitally integrate the end-to-end process of selecting, hiring and managing employees. We are introducing Artificial Intelligence solutions in multiple phases, obtaining faster and higher-quality service for our clients and great satisfaction and loyalty for our workers.
Our Impact on Society: Our vision is to create long-term job security conditions for our workers while providing flexible solutions to our clients. We can do this by concatenating different short-term contracts and minimizing or completely removing–their unemployed time. We want to remove the need for finding a job ever again.
Challenges for a Director of Platform Position: Jobandtalent runs in a cloud environment, embracing a DevOps culture to allow fast and safe product releases by automation and tooling, providing visibility of the platform status and supporting development teams. Keeping the platform stable while evolving it to be future proof and underpinning a growth in product requirements. As the Head of Platform Engineering team you’ll be responsible for managing a team of platform engineers, and balancing product team’s need for speed and reliability. All this while keeping cost as lean as possible. You will also be responsible for evolving the platform and technologies involved. We are currently interested in growing our capabilities in:
- Going Multicloud
- Reducing international platform latency
- Data warehousing
You will build the roadmap for this, aligned with business needs and provide visibility to management.
Growth Overview: An annual growth of 170%, available in multiple countries: the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Colombia, France, and more are coming. HQ in Madrid with a second big presence in Barcelona and some remote workers in the UK, The Netherlands, and the US. And finally, some of our great clients are Amazon, XPOLogistics, Cabify, Santander, Lime, etc.
Director of Platform
We are looking for a Director of Platform to join the Jobandtalent team.
You will be responsible for:
- Articulating the purpose, vision and value of the platform team to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Managing the platform team, and a group of of senior platform engineers
- Advancing the quality and features of Jobandtalent’s platform by improving the existing platform, and introducing new technology
- Working closely with Product Delivery teams and the Data Science team, providing them tooling and support, as well as other engineers in the cross-functional teams to provide best-in-class platform availability.
- Experience managing platform engineering teams on services with millions of users.
- Experience setting up and maintaining distributed environments, know how to design and implement services with functional or costs constraints, keep SLIs under control and propose new ones.
- Experience working in a DevOps focused culture environment.
- You like to get your hands dirty with:
- Experience in cloud-based services and Docker. AWS ECS/EC2/RDS/S3 etc.
- Experience in administering postgres databases and services than rely on postgresql engine.
- Experience in automation and programming to keep Infrastructure as Code. Knowledge of Golang/python.
- Commitment to provide well-tested, performing and high-quality platform for the services and strong skill capabilities to push it forward.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to communicate effectively with technical communities.
- Able to seek and actively promote ideas and techniques in the community, both within Jobandtalent and externally.
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- B.S. or equivalent knowledge in Computer Science.
What we offer
- Ownership of projects with direct impact on the product in one of the fastest-growing startup companies in Europe.
- Competitive Salary
- Transparent Equity package.
- Discount on Health insurance.
- Work in the Jobandtalent HQ in sunny Madrid or Barcelona, with a component of remote work a possibility.
- A yearly budget for Conferences, Meetups or self-learning.
- Free fruit, free coffee and free lunch on Fridays!
Join us in one of the hottest startups in Spain, breaking into a new market worldwide, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!