We are seeking an experienced engineering executive to help define and execute the company vision and product road-maps while inspiring the team to exceed customer expectations. All the fundamentals are in place to help this person succeed: cutting-edge technology and products, a solid core of proven developers, customer confidence developed over many years, and a close-knit management team.
As the Director of Engineering, you will help define software architecture, product execution plans and our road-map. You will also be expected to lead in a fluid, fast-paced environment while also communicating and collaborating effectively with internal/external customers. You will work very closely with stakeholders to ensure we incorporate customer input into our product.
The Director aspires to build a world-class software development organization. They know how to code, but are also comfortable working with people. They are sticklers about managing unit tests, system tests, and regression tests. In fact, they are passionate about automating testing overall. They know how to estimate work units, how to manage the agile development process and how to get the most out of their teams. The director is essential to making sure the trains run on time.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and motivate team of 10+ individual contributors in both Berlin, Germany and Boulder, Colorado to deliver high-quality releases on schedule.
- Grow the engineering staff by hiring quality software engineers that match the culture and can quickly contribute to corporate goals
- Advocate/enforce best practices for performance, reliability, scalability, security, and reusability.
- Ensure clear and objective communication of goals, responsibilities, and timelines between all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Formulate and measure long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department and individual engineers.
- Manage local, remote, and outsourced resources, including hiring and managing, and facilitating the rapid, effective and quality growth and utilization of the engineering staff
- Interact with customers to learn of new requirements and opportunities, and to articulate the value and best practices of our products
- Actively develop and grow leadership talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies
- Partner with the business to define the vision and roadmap direction for functional areas and teams
- Drives continuous process improvement and innovation, identifying ways to reduce friction and increase the velocity of the teams and the overall organization
- Utilizes product management skills to fine tune the balance and trade-offs between delivery and investment, iteration and innovation, and tactical and strategic initiatives
- Brings adoption of advancements in technology and software development best practices into the organization when appropriate
- Prioritizes well and communicates clearly with status updates to the wider team, partner groups, and senior company leaders
- Ensure our team operates using the latest security advances to ensure customer data security and compliance (PCI, HIPAA)
- 10+ years of experience in software product development, as both a software developer and in an engineering management role
- Proven track record of success in building, developing, retaining and leading a development team
- Proven success in translating business requirements into product plans
- Experienced product and/or project manager
- Experience with and a commitment to Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with UX/UI team members as a part of the development process
- Ability to motivate and inspire others through collaboration and influence
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills
- Deep understanding of a wide variety of programming languages, technology stacks, and architectural patterns
- Expect to travel to our Boulder, Colorado office 2-3 times per year.
- Able to work in Berlin, Germany
- Work with a multinational and multicultural team of talented and inspiring colleagues
- Opportunity to make great ideas come to life!
- Work from home up to 2 days a week
- Gain-share plan
- Open Book management
- Yearly team building trip to exotic locations
- Weekly German class at our office
Who is SnapEngage?
SnapEngage is a fast-growing live chat solution for the web. We are an Internet startup born of the TechStars program in Boulder, CO with offices in Boulder, USA and Berlin, Germany. All SnapEngage employees have a stake in the company’s success and enjoy an exceptional work-life balance. Our employees embrace a good challenge and enjoy providing the best customer service in the biz. SnapEngage is self-funded, profitable, and deeply committed to creating products that make peoples’ lives better by changing the way companies interact with their customers.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!