Softonic publishes Softonic.com, the leading global software and app discovery destination, offering the most complete selection of software and apps across hundreds of categories.
Softonic is the European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads on Softonic.com.
The Director of Digital Marketing will be the driving force behind the growth of our all digital and re-engagement marketing strategies. This role will oversee digital marketing for our website, email, push notifications, retargeting, traffic acquisition and audience extension activities. Softonic engages with over 100 Million unique visitors per month, and we are looking for the right person to lead all our efforts, as well as lead the digital marketing team to convert “users” into “customers.” With 1.4 billion annual visitors from over 200 countries in 12 languages, worldwide customer acquisition is not a challenge, but rather engaging this massive audience and increasing the ongoing engagement and lifetime value is the critical mandate for our future Director of Digital Marketing.
Given the direct relationship with users, we have a uniquely rich set of customer intent data. Because we utilize and do not share first-party data, all of these activities are compliant with GDPR and other emerging data protection standards. With newly developed, state-of-the-art marketing and data/analytics technical stacks, we have virtually unlimited capabilities in audience segmentation, predictive LTV, re-engagement, churn and custom models. We have built the seamless ability to deliver and synchronize marketing activities across all channels. The Director of Digital Marketing will lead the efforts to turn our data and capabilities into actionable steps towards improved segmentation and engagement.
The ideal candidate has an established track record of successful digital marketing in a variety of roles within a consumer-focused business and large-scale audiences and datasets. This person will “roll up their sleeves” with a can-do attitude and a heavy focus on execution to “Get Stuff Done.”
If you are a confident, ambitious leader as well as a self-starter with a strong desire for success, this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
- Define and execute the strategy and overseeing the operational process of our digital engagement channels.
- Develop direct marketing roadmap and plans that support our business objectives.
- Manage the team overseeing proactive marketing channels including email, push notifications retargeting and paid traffic acquisitions activities.
- Develop the budget and forecast and be accountable for achieving these objectives and goals.
- Continuously optimize cross-channel customer journeys, to onboard customers and grow LTV.
- Define with Product Management team new products and services to pursue.
- Develop and execute third-party partnerships for e-commerce offers.
- Reviewing the competitive landscape and implement best practices for marketing.
- Embrace analytics data to develop, customize, test, measure and optimize the marketing programs continuously.
- 8+ years of digital marketing experience in a massive online property or media agency.
- Demonstrated experience in the B2C environment with a focus on performance marketing and direct response.
- Management of multi-discipline marketing teams and organizational wide collaboration.
- Native English.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Strong business acumen, interpersonal and analytical skills: and a team player.
- Excellent mentoring skills.
- University graduate, preferably in a business, communication or marketing discipline.