Softonic is the leading global software discovery destination, offering our audience solutions through the world's most complete selection of software and apps.
With thousands of titles across hundreds of categories, Softonic connects our users with a huge community of developers providing innovative software and apps for any need.
Softonic is the European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads. Based in Barcelona, Spain, Softonic also has offices in Madrid and San Francisco.
This position will be responsible for helping transform the company
into a business that actually differentiates and competes on data and
analytics across all spectrums. He/she will work hand-in-hand with teams
within Softonic to gather requirement and prioritize goals for BI as
well as data engineering teams. Leveraging analytics your expertise,
data engineering knowledge along with market analysis tools to both
create and collaborate on the roadmap for big data and analytics
Primary responsibility will be to work with internal teams to design, develop, and enhance the current data architecture and reporting tools to deliver fact-based insights and recommendations to make informed decisions.
This individual needs to be hands on in designing and developing data models and leading an overall data warehouse strategy including reporting, data quality, policies, and standards. Candidate will participate in all aspects of requirements, data architecture design and data modeling activities applying appropriate architectural and methodology techniques.
- Continue to build/grow a data-driven strategy and culture that encompasses data acquisition, leading business intelligence and reporting tools, data science initiatives and advanced analytics.
- Leveraging analytics expertise, data engineering knowledge along with market analysis tools to both create and collaborate on the roadmap for big data and analytics initiatives.
- A key measure of success will be liberating data for all- providing access and creating intelligent systems for the ease and convenience of retrieving information and data so all aspects of the organization can succeed in their job functions. This includes creating dashboards with relevant metrics specific and easy to use charts and visualization tools.
- Establishing analytics and decision support capability that enables teams to make data-driven decisions driving user base growth and monetization.
- Minimum of 7 years of data analysis, data quality, and data integration.
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive expertise in visualization tools like Qlik, Tableau or equivalent.
- A degree in business, systems analysis, computer science, mathematics or engineering.
- A minimum seven years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and advanced management capabilities have been demonstrated.
- Experience creating a data-driven culture and impactful data strategies.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic and a compulsion to make a difference.
- Data driven thinker with excellent quantitative skills.
- Experienced in working with large data sets including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- Led a multi-functional analytics team that leverages proprietary and
third party data to understand customers better, and drive and deploy
solutions to better monetize relationships and enhance overall customer