Vistaprint is one of the fastest growing Internet companies in the world, a global e-commerce brand empowering more than 16 million micro business owners to make an impression through individually meaningful, personalized physical products.
As the Global Online Marketing Technology team, we believe in enabling marketing channels to achieve their goals and in exploring new growth opportunities that create the best possible experience for Vistaprint customers.
Our goals are to:
- Automate, scale, and ensure efficiency of day to day marketing campaigns, processes and marketing platform usage
- Enable more actionable data for decision making, monitoring, predictions, and personalization
- Explore and enable new and innovative technology opportunities that drive marketing strategy forward
In this role you will be responsible for enhancing & developing our technology stack, use of data, and delivery of insights to drive sales and profitability for all our online marketing channels, including paid and organic search, online display, affiliates, retargeting and e-mail. You will drive the pipelines of the data scientists and software engineer squads.
Your role will involve:
- Working directly with business stakeholders/channels to understand their true needs and translating them into data and technology prototypes and solutions. For example, you will assess which tasks/processes/best practices can be automated and collect technical requirements for the data scientists or developers. You will not be asked to code
- Staying on top of the industry and permanently look for new opportunities, driving innovation across all Vistaprint online marketing global programs with multimillion dollar spend
- Learning and practicing new tools in an ambitious technical environment. Upon joining us, you will have some months to learn our data & technology infrastructure, tools and business needs. After this initial training period, you will still spend a big portion of your time learning – we will give you large autonomy and the chance to learn from some of the best global talents in this field. You will grow with us and we will make every effort to support your professional development
- Driving projects & initiatives to improve the technical fundamentals of the different channels
- Design bidding and optimisation strategies/algorithms across devices, geographies and audiences to maximize sales and efficiency of the channels, utilizing data science & machine learning
- Collecting requirements for dashboards & reports to enable effective monitoring and automated alerting
- Analysing data to identify trends and opportunities
- Working closely with Analytics and Business Intelligence teams to further enhance the Vistaprint data platform
This is what we are looking for:
We are looking for a technical expert who can provide technical innovation and guidance to the Online Marketing teams and within the organization. The ideal candidate is used to deliver against strong targets and has a track record of delivering great results in a direct marketing environment. The candidate is proficient in technology & analytics and has a learning mindset. A technical understanding of APIs and 3rd party solutions is ideal.
Your ability to work well in a team environment will allow you to learn from exceptional talents in all areas of e-commerce and to contribute findings from your unique experiences.
You will bring:
- Passion about online marketing, data, automation, statistical models, technology and innovation
- 5+ years of experience in one or more online marketing channels with deep understanding of the channel operational processes and technologies
- Outstanding analytical skills, demonstrated knowledge of online marketing key metrics and knowledge of direct marketing testing to draw statistically significant conclusions
- Agile mindset and ability to focus on a task and deliver to expectations. Solid project management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including strong attention to details
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a technical environment as well as in a non-technical business user community. Ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
- The ability to quickly learn, influence others and drive change
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, demanding, high growth organization and in international environment
Considered as a plus:
By joining our team, you will have plenty of time to learn and familiarize with our tools and channels, though we appreciate previous work experience and additional skills:
- Solid PPC knowledge & deep understanding of how bidding works
- Google AdWords/Bing Ads APIs and experience with 3rd party tools like Marin, Kenshoo, DoubleClick
- Coding skills are not required, but we will value any familiarity with R/Python or SQL
- Machine learning and predictive analysis
- Google AdWords certification
- Significant experience as a project manager with excellent organization and people skills
And a few reasons you might love it:
- You'll grow and learn a lot. You will be exposed to a wide range of projects in our growing company, work with amazingly talented colleagues and have the opportunity to solve a diverse set of problems
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. You will be working on projects that can have a real impact on decisions & results – we are a very data-driven company and online marketing is a massive driver of Vistaprint’s performance
- You’ll love your colleagues and teammates. You will work with people who are as energetic, smart and driven as you are. We’ve got an amazing team and we thrive off of each other – you’ll thrive too
Feeling ready for the challenge? If so, please apply, we look forward to hearing from you!