“Would you like to see your work operated by thousands of customers on a daily base?” We are looking for a DevOps Transformation Engineer with focus on evolving or revolutionizing our software delivery pipeline. The role is partially hands-on and partially conceptual. You will be part of a team focused on the delivery pipeline the TomTom Telematics engineering organization (around 155 engineers in 21 teams in 4 locations across Europe). Together with the team of 6 deployment automation enthusiasts you will tackle the problem of transforming our pre-DevOps delivery processes technically and building the right mindset in the development teams.
Together your highly motivated team, you will the following responsibilities:
- maintain and optimize the current build processes for all components to realize immediate productivity gains (“low-hanging fruit”)
- conceptualize and implement the future build and delivery pipeline, propose appropriate technology to automate and drive it
- act as the owner and keeper of the build and deployment processes and the key systems involved
- evangelize the engineering in best practices for productivity, stability, and security on the way towards continuous delivery and educate new joiners and teams in all locations, with regards to the current and future processes and tooling
- frequently and clearly communicate with several stakeholders to make sure all needs are met, evangelize process proposals, and make sure everyone stays one the same page
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You have a robust and extensive previous experience in software engineering, systems maintenance, and ideally in DevOps or a DevOps transformation project.
- You are clearly passionate about process optimization and automation. If automating repetitive tasks makes you happy, then you are the right person for this role.
- You are a versatile problem solver, not shy to take responsibility, and you don’t start crying when things don’t go right the first time you try them. Or to put it differently: you are a getting things done type of person.
- As you team will be distributed between Barcelona and Leipzig (in Germany), you need to be good communicator and fluent in English. If you happen to speak any Castellano, Catalan or German then people will like you all the more.
- You are aware of the fact that we are moving towards DevOps, which is a process that requires patience, resilience and leadership. Actually, you like this type of challenge.
The following skills and experiences will come in handy to master the challenge.
- You are familiar with topics like build pipelines, how model and optimize them, and tooling typically used to orchestrate and automate them.
- If you have worked in previous or current roles with tools like Jenkins, SonarQube, build systems (ANT/Ivy, Maven, Gradle), Nexus, SVN, GIT, Puppet, OpenStack or other cloud environments, JIRA, Confluence, etc. then you are well equipped to understand our current setup and tool-chain.
- If you have hands-on experience with deployment orchestration tools as (Pivotal) Cloud Foundry, Spinnaker, Concourse CI, Docker and Kubernetes, to name a few, and with monitoring tools as Icinga or Nagios then this will give a head-start on your challenge with us.
- Previous exposure and experience with scripting e.g. in SQL, Groovy, Python, Bash or programming languages as Java, C#, Kotlin will help you to become effective in the role.
Let’s not forget the good stuff
- You will join an adventure in SaaS product development within a rapidly growing business unit of a globally renowned brand and various opportunities for your professional development.
- You will get the chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures.
- You will be part of a team of expert developers and contribute in building and adapting technology for WEBFLEET, TomTom Telematics’ leading fleet management system, or NEXTFLEET, TomTom Telematics’ emerging Connected Car Service platform.
- TomTom Telematics provides indefinite contracts, a competitive base salary, and the benefits include private health insurance, pension plan (after 6 months contract), lunch vouchers, fresh fruit, and an office with a great terrace and a view on Sagrada Familia.
- You can get access to an online learning platform (1500 courses & 11000 e-books), and your engineering manager will be open to discuss personal training, certifications or conference attendance with you, after you have proven yourself in your team
Who are we?
TomTom Telematics is the fastest growing Business Unit of TomTom, and one of the world’s leading providers of fleet management solutions and professional telematics services, delivered as “Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)”. Our products are designed to help professional drivers to drive greener, safer and more efficiently. Our award winning online platform, WEBFLEET, is highly scalable and has the highest standards in terms of reliability and security. TomTom Telematics services more than 49,000 fleet customers in 60 countries with more than 848,000 active monitored units/vehicles and is Europe’s largest and fastest growing fleet management service provider.
movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom
to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products
that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals.
Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we more than 4000 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 36 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
you would like to be part of this winning team and would like to help
us further position ourselves as the authority in location and
navigation solutions, please apply today!
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.