Who we are
At Transparent, we do data mining for vacation rental. We gather information from major vacation rental platforms like Airbnb or Booking to build a unique and massive database that we crunch to create meaningful information for our clients.
Our team members are based out mainly in Spain and California.
What you'll be doing
- Day to day maintenance of Linux servers and services in a hybrid-cloud and hosted mixed environment.
- Be on an on-call shift rotation responding to incidents and providing support for the day to day issues.
- Scale infrastructure depending on the current needs of the systems.
- Research and design distributed database infrastructure based on mongodb find the correct balance between cost and performance.
- Ensure proper security in the whole infrastructure of the system.
- Room to grow into node.js or other scripting languages if interested.
Who we're looking for:
- Proven 2+ years professional experience in database administration for large infrastructures.
- Proven 2+ years professional experience in backend software platforms like node.js, python or php.
- Experience managing systems in large IaaS platforms like Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in scripting for Linux systems in your language of choice.
- Experience with any configuration management and/or automation tooling.
- Experience with dockerizing workloads and kubernetes.
Bonus points if:
- Experience with distributed system infrastructures like mongodb or hadoop.
- Experience building crawling systems that gather data from public websites.
- Experience in data mining platforms like spark or elasticsearch.
What we offer:
- Salary: €30K - €38K
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing startup
- A vibrant international team
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work remotely