Are you the inspired devops engineer we are looking for, who wants to play a key role in our transformation? You will work in a cross-functional team responsible for the whole platform, from deployments and tooling to monitoring, security, implementation and everything in the middle. This role involves building, maintaining and automating key parts of our runtime environment. You will also be expected to act as an I&O knowledge resource, collaborating with technical teams and helping others understand architectures and platforms to find the best solution.
You enjoy working with bleeding edge technologies and are not afraid of proposing new solutions. You tend to automate, consolidate and take logical steps to improve, and are also able to stand a technical discussion and accept compromise. As a DevOps engineer you like to code and find the right tools to address daily issues. You are comfortable working together with your teammates, with development teams and other stakeholders for the best implementation.
Some of the technologies we are using are AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Couchbase, RabbitMQ Mysql, Ansible, Linux, Java, PHP, Jenkins, and many more. Next to that we offer an office in the heart of Barcelona, a friendly and open working space and our nice benefits and perks.
The main responsibilities of that role will be
- Maintenance. Ensure the operational stability, security, and efficiency of our platform and infrastructure; monitor system health.
- Automation. Consolidate and automate, automate, automate.
- Innovation. Facilitate the building and adoption of new tools, technologies and processes to streamline our deployment/rollout processes.
- Teamwork. Mentor teammates and serve as a DevOps knowledge resource.
Background and Skills
Here is a list of Background and Skills we would like you to have. Don’t be afraid to apply if you miss some!
- 2+ years of prior system administration experience with 24x7 environments
- Experience and understanding of Web Portals and SaaS architectures and operations
- Solid knowledge of Linux: architecture, administration, configuration and automation.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or another public cloud provider
- Experience in cloud costs optimization.
- DB administration experience (SQL, noSQL: MySQL, Couchbase).
- Experience with queues and messaging (like RabbitMQ).
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins or others).
- Monitoring (CloudWatch, New Relic).
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef or other configuration management software.
- Understanding and preferably experience with Docker containers.
- Coding experience in at least one language: Python, php, Java.
- Experience with data pipelines and BI will be a plus
- Understanding and implementing microservices architectures will also be plus
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- The ability to work in cross-functional teams and communicate clearly to all stakeholders
- Willingness to share knowledge, teach and compromise
- Ability to learn, because IT is constant innovation.
What makes working at ABA English great
● Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
● Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
● Free Breakfast every Monday
● Free English and Spanish classes
o Private health insurance: Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
o Restaurant discounts: Enjoy your lunches with a daily discount
o Childcare subsidies: We offer a discount plan for hundreds of Barcelona-based daycare centers
o Discounted gym access: Exercise your muscles as well as your brain!
o Discounted travel cards: We make your commute a little lighter on your wallet
● Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
ABA English Culture
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator. After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
When we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging, stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard weeks work with an inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a cultural or team building event.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.
About ABA English
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!