[ DevOps | Platform | SRE ] Senior Engineer in Barcelona
Netquest is among the most advanced and innovative digital data collection specialists worldwide in the market research and analytics industry. We currently have more than 2,000,000 consumers willing to share their behavioral data and give us their opinion in 27 countries. Our ambition is to be the most reliable, flexible and powerful data source in the market, and contribute to the future of market research through automation and innovation.
Descripción de la oferta
We know the difference between DevOps, Platform and SRE but here at Netquest we do DevOps and we have a Platforms Team composed by SREs with different backgrounds. We do have an Error Budget, we monitor the Four Golden Signals, we care about observability and we have moved our first steps into Chaos Engineering years ago.
We’re also aware we’re not Google or Netflix, etc. so we adapt SRE, SAFe and Agile to our own needs, always genuinely trying to walk the talk.
We are now looking for a talented systems engineer to help our Platform team in its mission of supporting the Meter Technologies Team as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer.
We are a group of diverse individuals who work together to apply modern technology and proven practices to create and maintain platforms ranging from web servers, api, big data storage and processing, machine learning, complex data analysis and visualisation.
Everyday work goes from contributing in designing a new platform for the last application to improving the previous ones, being them running in Kubernetes or one of the AWS services we leverage. Remaining time is spent on automation and boosting our security posture, applying shift-left principles when possible.
Occasionally we respond to alerts or run post-mortems in case of incidents.
What We Offer
You’ll be working in a stable team with principal and senior engineers providing support to our internal software engineering teams, maintaining existing applications and platforms while contributing to the next-generation application development and participating in weekly and easy on-call rotations.
Disclosure: We do have legacy (or vintage) platforms however, given that Netquest went cloud-first more than a decade ago, they run in cloud environments and were created using Infrastructure as Code tooling. New stuff leverages Kubernetes and all the AWS services that meet our needs.
We firmly believe in the importance of constantly growing our skills: we run Friday Trainings within the team, we learn together every day by pair-programming with colleagues or shadowing them and using the more common E-Learning platforms for different topics.
Additionally, at Netquest you can find:
- Flex Office: Once the COVID 19 pandemic is over, we’ll meet twice a week or when necessary in our offices while the rest of the week we can work wherever there’s a quiet place and a reliable internet connection.
- A nice place to work, where we foster training, as well as professional and personal development
- Flexible retribution: meal and transport tickets, kindergarten cheques and/or private health insurance
At Netquest, we’re a team in constant growth. Currently, we’re more than 300 people coming from 27 nationalities. We’re committed to equal employment opportunities and we strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace day by day.
Our “unicorn” definition of senior systems engineer comprehends:
- Advanced Linux knowledge and experience with containerization technologies;
- Production experience with AWS and CloudFormation;
- Python or Go coding skills;
- Clear understanding of modern distributed systems architectures;
- Exposition to monitoring, log aggregation and alerting tools (ElasticSearch / Fluentd / Prometheus / OpsGenie);
- Enabling self-service deployments through continuous delivery pipelines;
- Understanding of IT Security topics such as Penetration Testing, XSS, SQLi;
- Willingness to share experiences and learn new stuff everyday.
...bonus points if you:
- Have production experience with Terraform or Kubernetes;
- Are fluent in modern day architecture paradigms like microservices and serverless;
- Have been exposed to AWS Billing;
- Strive to automate everything and to get rid of TOIL;
- Know the difference between observability and monitoring;
- Have been on-call for an internet exposed, production environment.
Our ambition is to be the most reliable, flexible and powerful data source in the market, and contribute to the future of market research through automation and innovation.