We invite you to join Vodafone to build a future together, in a position where you can learn new things every day and have contact with the different business units of the Company, as well as related institutions and public bodies.
The Cloud Migration Services team will be responsible for migrating legacy analytic & business intelligence solutions and their associated data pipelines across Vodafone onto the Google Cloud Platform. CMS will be an integral part of Nucleus a multi-year program to roll out a new Business Intelligence Solution based on Google Cloud Platform for all local markets replacing the existing BI solution. The pilot rollout will be in Portugal following multiple waves with the remaining local markets.
The role is a member of the Platform team embedded in the migration squads or working on the core Data Ocean shared service. This role requires an experienced technical automation and cloud expert able to define best devops, devsecops and noops practices.
The role of DevOps Engineer has the following responsibilities:
- Individual DevOps Contributor with expertise in Automation,
- Automate all processes involved with Data Pipelines and underlying Data Ocean Shared Services
- Create image build automation to ensure secure images are constructed
- Automation of CI/CD pipelines
- Creation of self-healing components to ensure stability, resilience and security
What you bring?
- Experience with Linux, Terraform, scripting (Bash or Python), CI/CD (Jenkins), and Git
- Expertise in DevOps Automation so that the role holder can contribute to the team
- Object-Oriented Programming, like Java or similar
- Knowledge in Networking
- Experience of Agile methodologies
- Preferable knowledge in Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP preferable or Azure). Also Kubernetes (K8) or Docker
- Degree in Computing or an equivalent depth of professional experience
- Experience of BigData technologies such as Spark, Kafka, CDAP and Nifi is an advantage
At Vodafone we are concerned about being a company committed to diversity as an engine of change. We are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religious or political beliefs.