Play Magnus AS group, was founded by World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen and is revolutionising how people learn, watch and play chess. In 2019 the company acquired the online chess platforms Chess24 and Chessable and has since become a leader in chess learning and entertainment. In October 2020, the company was listed on Euronext Growth (formerly known as Merkur Market), a part of the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Searching for your dream job? Do you have a passion for chess and long life learning?
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us in automating our infrastructure and our services deployment and supporting the teams developing the backend systems and frontend, mobile and web, applications used by chess players, coaches and students all over the world.
- Automate and keep our services running while improving them to achieve high availability, resiliency, scalability, security and cost optimisation.
- Work closely with our engineering teams across the group to understand their services and needs and help them achieve the best results in delivering them.
- Understand our services architecture and suggest ways to improve them and optimise them.
- Work closely with the Head of DevOps of the group to standardise and create reusable solutions that can be applied across the group.
- Evangelise best practices, for security, automation, scalability, high availability and resilience across the group and help our engineers implement them.
- Continuous improvement of knowledge, personally and with the rest of the engineering team.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with understanding networking and modern web services architectures
- Experience with automation scripting in any of the following languages: shell, python, ruby, Go
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tooling: Terraform, Packer etc
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Git
- Experience with any of the major clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience with containerisation and orchestrators like Kubernetes
- Experience with immutable infrastructure paradigm
- Experience in security auditing and best practices
- Experience with Cloud native approach to services
- Interest in Chess or experience with Spaced Repetition Systems definitely an advantage
- 🕐 Flexible working hours
- 🚢 23 days holiday leave + an extra day next year if you use it all
- 🎁 Birthday off
- 🏠 Work from home or office
Play Magnus group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to support and create a diverse work environment. We are hiring without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation or identity, family or marital status, religion, nationality or disability status. The interview processes are conducted fairly based on your experience and skills. We look for and value the most talented people. Everyone is welcome!