## About the Role
As a DevOps Engineer at VariabL, you will structure and provide processes for a successful implementation of a complex and scalable financial architecture where security is critical (DevSecOps). Your job will be to ensure the best possible evolution of our production infrastructure, you will get highly involved in our code deployment (CI / CD) and you will develop scripts to check systems health & automatically respond to alerts. This role will span security, site reliability, scaling, and upgrades
Our ideal candidate is one who can help us build a highly secure,high-performance and highly available all the while communicating effectively.
- Work with Product Manager and Technical Architect to define and
implement our Development,Test and Production environments for the
Product and Research team,
- Define and implement processes to build a consistent and efficient collaboration between our Research team and our Product team,
- Maintain our infrastructure and scale it according to needs,
- Grow the existing monitoring/alerts services
- Create internal policies for security (SSO),
- Create internal communication supports: onboarding, policies, process descriptions,
- Synchronize with financial team to provide expected infrastructure costs.
- 3+ years as DevOps on a product with a high degree of security
required and a large number of users. (Banking systems, Privacy heavy
- Knowledge about Docker microservices architecture,
- Experience with configuring and running a CI/CD platform such as Jenkins, GitLab-CI or Travis
- Familiarity with a cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, OVH or Google Cloud
- Good understanding of networking concepts (load balancers, routers)
- Experience with setting-up highly secure infrastructures with no Single Point of Failure
## Bonus points
- Demonstrated interest in Ethereum, smart contracts and/or cryptoeconomics,
- Experience in Finance, Fintech, Trading sector,
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology,
- Experience in SecOps
## About VariabL:
VariabL started as a research project in ConsenSys in late 2015, The founding team has explored derivatives and hedging solutions like stable tokens before the first release of Ethereum (Frontier) and is now a remote-friendly startup located in Paris.
VariabL offers the first scalable and transparent non-custodial exchange for derivatives based on smart contracts and implementing latest blockchain technologies such as state channels for scalability. The aim is to offer new generation derivatives that will stabilize the decentralized applications ecosystem relying on volatile commodities like ether or tokens. VariabL will allow for decentralized players and traders to control their exposure on price volatility of crypto assets they use by entering our trustless derivatives while keeping in control of their funds.
We all share a passion for decentralization and sustainable value
creation. We are a team of 10 researchers, engineers and lawyers that
value scientific rigor and fast market experiments to prove and scale
our concrete use case.
Our product team has leveraged our initial research and has been running an alpha version of VariabL for more than 10 months gathering 600 traders giving us UI/UX feedback.
In the meantime, the financial department of our research team designed a scalable and robust Financial Engine for VariabL peer-to-peer derivatives while our blockchain researchers implemented a scalable infrastructure based on state channels enabling low cost transactions with high throughput.
## Some of the perks of being part of VariabL and ConsenSys Mesh:
The forefront of a revolution. At VariabL we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
A dynamic startup environment. VariabL and ConsenSys are thought leaders in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare.
Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users.