Do you like staying on the edge and are always trying the newest version of a technology?
Do you like to write code and put it in production on large sites?
Do you feel comfortable talking to different people to find the best solution to an issue found in production?
Do you enjoy working in an international and diverse team?
If so, this might be your dream team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Software Engineer who:
- Has experience installing new versions of web applications in production environments and is knowledgeable on how to automate the process.
- Is fluent working with databases (MySQL in particular is desirable): running SQL scripts, finding inconsistencies, etc.
- Can work closely with a QA Engineer to identify potential issues before making a change in production and find solutions to them.
- Has good written and verbal communication skills.
- Is comfortable working in English and Spanish, both written and spoken. Some of your teammates will be in the Americas, Asia or Europe.
Previous knowledge and experience with test automation frameworks, Jenkins (or other CI software) is also valued.
Understand and share the values of agile development. No matter what fancy tools or words you know, whether you’re TDDer or not, agile is about core values.
- Ability to build, optimize and manage Docker images.
- Proficiency with Git (or any other DVCS) and related operations: pull-requests, merges, rebases, etc.
- Knowledge of kubernetes and deployment automation.
- Experience >2 years with software engineering best practices.
- Knowledge of Jenkins or other CI tools.
Benefits and Perks
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally.
- Flexibility to work remotely.
- Free healthy food in our kitchen. Tons of fresh fruit, coﬀee, drinks and cookies.
- Two social benefits to choose between: health insurance, metro pass, parking, gym membership, meal vouchers or kindergarten.
- Free English classes.
- Employee Volunteering Program: 5 days oﬀ in order to do something useful for your community.
- Your birthday is oﬀ. Celebrate it properly with your family and friends!
How to get this job
Click on the Apply Now button and provide us...
- A unique cover letter that explains what you are passionate about, why you think you are a good fit for this position and what previous projects you’re proud of.
- Your CV emphasizes any pertinent experience in your work history and relevant projects.
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.