Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair DAC. Carrying over 154 m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 82 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 40 countries on a fleet of over 475 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable the Ryanair Group to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of over 19,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 34-year safety record. Ryanair is Europe’s greenest cleanest airline group and customers switching to fly Ryanair can reduce their CO₂ emissions by up to 50% compared to the other Big 4 EU major airlines.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- More than two years’ experience running production workloads in AWS.
- Strong scripting language experience (bash, Ruby, Python).
- Have a passion for automation.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration.
- Proven experience supporting internet-facing production services and distributed systems.
- Experience with DevOps concepts including Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code, and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible.).
- Experience supporting high availability internet application environments that include web, application and database servers and load balancing systems.
- Experience with data management technology including Relational Databases (RDBMS) and NoSQL.
- Ability to work independently / deliver without supervision.
- Ability to work well in a distributed team.
- Strong intrapersonal skills with the ability to work well with other team members, customers.
- Systematic problem-solving approach and a sense of ownership, customer service and drive.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Professional and open-minded attitude.
- Fluent English written and spoken.
- Strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem and other core AWS technologies.
- Experience implementing DevOps practices.
- Experience of Log Analysis tools (e.g. ELK, Splunk etc)