At 24i Media, we engineer the future of TV. We create and deploy TV apps for every screen, from set-top boxes, Smart TVs and media players to game consoles, tablets and mobile phones. From sigle office in Amsterdam we have grown to many other locations across Europe and also to the US. An open and trust-based culture flourishes at 24i, where new technologies and innovations are our daily bread and butter.
IMPORTANT BEFORE YOU APPLY: This position is only applicable if you are in possession of a EU citizenship.
Are you the type of person who can’t stand manual labor and automates it away immediately? Are you the type of person who can drive down the costs of our systems while also increasing their operational efficiency? Or, are you passionate about creating systems and tools that give customers, as well as our own developers, the best experience possible? Then read on because this job could be the right fit for you.
What you will be doing
As a DevOps Engineer you will be working 4+ days on-site, with an international team of dedicated but fun professionals. Together your responsibilities are focussed on ensuring operational excellence in everything we do.
You will be responsible for the design and automation of CI/CD pipelines across the plethora of platforms supported by our VOD and SmartOTT solutions. This includes setting up KISS processes and procedures supported by efficient automation. In addition, you will ensure the availability/capacity/etc for those same services.
You will be empowering our development teams by providing tools and introducing automated self-services to build, run and guard their solutions, and you will be paving the way towards immutable infrastructure setup as Infrastructure-As-Code and ending our (limited) co-located sites.
Why you want to work with us
We are present in the full vertical of media content delivery. From front-end apps to transcoding, streaming, securing, cataloging, up to content storage. And we will be on-boarding more and more of our clientele into our SaaS-vertical.
As our company expands our SaaS services and our developer teams, we will scale up our DevOps engineers into a yet to be determined NoOps / SRE / Infrastructure+Self-services setup. We also have implemented a hard toil limit to ensure improvement work is balanced against the incoming issues and requests.
And as always, we are eager to learn: Any outage or near-miss results in an RCA followed by preventive work so we become more experienced and more prepared for the future.
We are looking for someone who has...
- A minimum of 3 years experience with DevOps
- A bachelor degree in software engineering or similar engineering discipline
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
- Experience with scripting languages, preferably Bash, Python, NodeJS
- Experience with ever-expansive gated CI/CD systems, such as Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo, TravisCI, etc
- A willingness to participate in a rotating out-of-office hours emergency shift
- Proficiency with the English Language
- Experience with utilising AWS services, especially in setting up full-blown VPCs
- Experience in moving away from traditional infrastructure into containerised micro-services and immutable infrastructure
- A good understanding of configuration management languages, such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation and/or Ansible
- Experience with agile & lean working methods
- Full-Time position in our Madrid office
- Salary matching your experience
- A fun, informal atmosphere with great colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- Occasional work from home is possible after the probationary period
- Continued Professional Development opportunities
- Annual salary review
- You will be provided with a Macbook
- And of course the June Holiday allowance of 8% of your gross annual salary is applicable as well
- 5 weeks of holiday + extra Birthday day off
- Pension contribution for pension scheme of your choice up to 5% of your gross annual salary
- Fruit and drinks all day long
- Commute compensation
- Referral bonus
- Company events
- Innovation Fridays (with beers)
Message from the Madrid team: “We are looking forward to meet you! Would you like to join to the pincho and caña fridays team?”