From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way we run businesses. Everything happens somewhere, but visualizing data to see where things are isn’t the same as understanding why they happen there. CARTO is the world’s leading Location Intelligence platform, enabling organizations to use spatial data and analysis for more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Data Scientists, Developers and Analysts use CARTO to optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes through the power of Spatial Data Science.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.
We are looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer to join our 7-people infrastructure team, and help us scale up a product that is already serving millions of API calls every day.
This position is to work remotely, but you can also work from our offices from Madrid or Seville.
- Support our development team based in Seville, with new app requirements almost every week. As a DevOps engineer your role here is to reduce the gap between developers and infrastructure.
- Improve and automate day to day processes (deployments, integration, monitoring, metrics …) , in order to provide the other teams with the necessary tools to work in a fast paced and agile environment.
- Once you get hold of the platform and operations, you will also work on mid / long term Infrastructure projects (our infrastructure is changing and growing every month).
- In general, eager to work shoulder to shoulder with dev teams: overcoming technical challenges, solving problems and providing advice in every project from the early stages.
- Be the main responsible of keeping up and running CARTOsolutions created with first class customers and data
The projects you'll work with
- AENA indoor for iOS and Android. CARTO provides routing capabilities to the official Aena app. It processes (in real time) routing and analytics requests for thousands of users at the major airports in Spain. Based on Kubernetes and Kafka.
- Vodafone Analytics. Geospatial analytics platform with Vodafone’s anonymized data.
- Mastercard Geographics Insights. Geospatial financial analytics platform with real time queries over financial datasets larger than 15TB+. Based on a Kubernetes and BigTable.
- COVID-19 Apps. We launched and today maintain several solutions to help with the COVID pandemic: https://asistencia.covid19.gob.es, https://coronavirus.comunidad.madrid/ and https://www.mapacovid.es/.
- DPD Optimization engine platform, it provides the routes for every parcel in Ireland of DPD Group (SEUR owner). It’s a elastic Kubernetes cluster that scales on-demand every night to optimize more than 1M deliveries.
- And much more (Posterscope, Renault, ClearChannel, Urbo Telefónica, etc.)
- Experience working with Linux
- Experience working with Docker
- Knowledge about Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): Fundamentals and tools like GitHub Actions or Jenkins
- Scripting skills: Python, Bash, ...
- Some knowledge about public clouds (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Being a team player, loneliness is not an option.
- Eagerness to learn
- Proactivity facing new challenges
Nice to have skills:
- Other container platforms: Kubernetes, OpenShift, ...
- Infrastructure as Code/Automation Tools: Ansible, Terraform, Chef, …
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- The chance to work in one of the most technologically advanced products in Spain
Our recruitment process
- 1- You will have a call with our HR team, where we will cover the overall fit of the role, terms of employment, explain what the company does, and learn more about your background.
- 2- We've prepared a test to see your skills in action. Once you've solved our test, the team will review it and get in contact with you
- 3- You will have a technical interview with a couple of members of our infrastructure team, where you will delve deeper into the test you've solved, and go into more detail about the technical side of the role.
- 4- You will have another call, with our Infrastructure Lead and our Director of Engineering
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).