Who we are...
Based in London and New York, we are the creative technology company powering over 90% of the world’s interactive video content, enabling brands such as Disney, Ted Baker, and Dulux to explore new horizons in audience engagement and interaction, making their video content much harder working. Our Studio platform uses AI to create hotspots, content overlays, video branching and other features, making every face and object in video content touchable and clickable - and our clients are mostly in marketing, advertising and TV.
The WIREWAX Studio is a SaaS platform, but we also have an in-house Creative Solutions team who collaborate directly with ad agencies and brand clients on specific interactive projects. We’re a very ambitious outfit: our mission is to make video as truly connected as everything else on the internet, and it’s a mission which is opening up exciting new possibilities for everyone who works at WIREWAX.
About the role…
We are looking for a DevOps engineer with a strong interest building and maintaining a complex infrastructure full of interesting challenges.
With a unique online interactive video editing studio, computer vision software, NOSQL databases receiving millions of metrics and more, there exists a wide range of challenges for a DevOps engineer here at WIREWAX.
As we grow rapidly, we need our cloud-based infrastructure to keep up. We are pushing the boundaries of what can be done with interactive video and in doing so we must push the boundaries of our infrastructure.
What you will do as our DevOps Engineer...
Build and maintain our ‘infrastructure as code’ Python codebase
Configure and build AWS infrastructure to build stable, reliable, and fault-tolerant infrastructure
Provide support to a multi-disciplined engineering team to help rapidly diagnose and fix problems across our ecosystem
Administrate and configure Linux servers for security, connectivity, and reliability
Learn and adapt quickly to work with new systems across our stack
Our ideal team member will have the following skills & experience
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Route53, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch)
- Linux system administration (Ubuntu, Amazon Linux)
- Strong Python development skills
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins
- Good understanding of networks, security and content delivery
- Good knowledge of working with large, distributed systems
- Knowledge of ‘Infrastructure as Code’ practices
- Experience with NOSQL databases, MongoDB preferred
- Able to solve complex problems with a broad and solution agnostic skillset
Why join WIREWAX...
- You'll have the trust and freedom to devise solutions to problems as you see fit, utilising whichever technology you consider most appropriate.
- You'll be working as part of a small, super friendly team with a variety of backgrounds, from computer vision to TV production.
- Competitive base salary with options available if you're interested.
- A fridge full of tasty beverages, an unlimited supply of crumpets, and an enormous biscuit tin.