Factmata is looking for an engaged and experienced devops engineer to help us solve the problem of misinformation online. At Factmata, we are building systems to automatically classify the credibility, quality, safety and reliability of online information, using state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms paired with human expertise.
We’re looking for someone who will have a key role in building our core product as we bring it to market. The engineer will be responsible for managing the devops and infrastructure for our data pipeline, web services and databases. They will have a keen eye for doing things consistently, maintaining a clean architecture and making it possible for our development team to iterate and deploy quickly and smoothly.
You have devops experience in Kubernetes and AWS, particularly in the distributed systems field, and will coordinate with the rest of the engineering and machine learning teams to provide knowledgeable, co-ordinated support. You also need to be a confident, proactive colleague who can take work into your own hands.
Current stack: Python 3, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
What you'll be doing
- Maintain our existing pipeline infrastructure
- Support engineering team when deploying new features or services
- Ensure everything we deploy is secure, performant and observable
What we're looking for
- Proactive and positive attitude with ability to own projects
- Passionate about writing clean, well tested, and maintainable code
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
Bonus points for experience with:
- Experience with other containerisation and deployment solutions
- Experience with Terraform
- Application coding experience
Please note the role is based in London, and is an on-site role. You must have existing eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.