XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
(Senior) DevOps Engineer (f/m/x)
XING is the social network for business professionals with more than 19 million members all over the world.
Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
XING is looking to welcome a “DevOps Engineer” to join our international and distributed Data Infrastructure Services team. The team works on the data platform infrastructure as a service, which is the data backbone for the NWSE group.
As part of the team, you focus on automation and integration of DevOps practices into the platform.
A challenging task
- You support an Infrastructure as Code mindset
- You design, develop and integrate features & automation for our platform
- You ensure the scalability and efficiency of our platform with modern tools and standards
- You support teams to integrate services into our platform
- You maintain, troubleshoot and monitor our platfor
A convincing background
- A passion for scaling systems and infrastructure
- 2-5+ years of professional experience in the field of DevOps or Software Engineering
- Working knowledge of Linux operations, including automation, troubleshooting and monitoring (e.g. Docker / Ansible / Jenkins / Prometheus / Grafana)
- Basic skills and interest to grow in one programming language (e.g. Ruby, Python)
- Experience in working with one of these technologies is a plus: MySQL, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark or Airflow
- A positive mindset plus the desire to learn and share your knowledge
- Proficient English language skills
An inspiring environment
- Innovation weeks
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- Mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets/Pension
- Extended holidays (26+4+2)
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Relocation pack if needed.
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!