Rakuten - European Technical Division (EUTD) is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our Ecosystem department, in London or Barcelona. Here is your chance to work in a multicultural and experienced team, with high visibility and significant customer impact, developing business-critical web services that will greatly contribute Rakuten Ecosystem in Europe.
ABOUT RAKUTEN & EUTD
Rakuten, Inc., is the largest eCommerce company in Japan, and the third largest e-commerce marketplace company worldwide. Rakuten provides a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. The company is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees worldwide.
As a company with teams distributed globally, we believe it is important to grow regional technology-focused communities that promote collaboration and innovation. This is why Europe Technology Division (EUTD) was created.
- EUTD is Rakuten’s regional software engineering organization.
- We have over 100 members coming from all over the world representing over 20 nationalities working at 8 offices in 5 European countries.
- We are developing and operating Rakuten’s global software platforms, which are used across Rakuten Group worldwide.
- We have expertise in a range of areas including e-commerce, big data, search, recommendations, data science, business intelligence, information security, user identity management, corporate IT, and data centres and infrastructure.
- We are supporting Rakuten’s businesses in Europe and are closely collaborating with the colleagues at Rakuten’s headquarters in Japan and in other regions.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Implement from the scratch configuration management (based on Ansible, SaltStack or similar)
- Develop new or optimise existing CI/CD pipelines
- Install and configure production applications monitoring (logging, dashboards, alerts)
- Maintain integration test environments
- Administer cloud infrastructure
- Participate in production issues troubleshooting
- Participate in DevOps strategic improvements together with your colleagues in Tokyo and Bangalore offices
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience in relevant OPS or DEV position
- Understanding concepts of Continues Integration, Continues Deployment, Configuration Management and Source Control
- Experience in Jenkins or any similar CI
- Confident in Linux server administration
- Good knowledge of networking and RDBMS
- Bash scripting experience
- Good self-learner and desire to grow in DevOps
- Good communication skills
Outstanding candidates will possess
- Hands-on experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in modern configuration management tools - Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, Puppet
- Experience in containerisation and container’s orchestration - Docker, Kubernetes (or any similar)
- Experience in cloud infrastructure administration - AWS, Azure, GCP
- Monitoring systems implementation experience (Zabbix, Nagious, Prometheus + visualisation + ELK stack)
- Experience in configuring nginx
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Cross-European team;
- Global projects;
- Competitive wages;
- Mobility opportunities;
- Start-up spirit;
- Friendly environment;
- Innovative technology stack.
About Rakuten TV