Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed... these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
C&T is a small and specialized team responsible for developing, shipping and maintaining the classifieds marketplace products in Tunisia (“Tayara”) & Dominican Republic (“Corotos”) serving hundreds of thousands of users adding up to more than 3 million weekly visits. You will contribute to a top-of-the-line product solution, using the latest available technologies to run three end-user products (Web, Android, iOS) and our back office tool set. Based in Barcelona or London, you will work in a talented and dynamic environment. With high expectations on this small team, you will play a critical role for our success in the two markets and to establish a high-performing team.
- Automating the operations and production of large-scale distributed systems so no manual intervention is needed eventually
- Help develop an state of the art platform as a service solution using the latest and greatest technologies and approaches (e.g. Mesos, Docker, Microservices, etc)
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like automated promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue green deployments
- Forensic analysis and troubleshooting when things go wrong
- Work closely with the engineering organisation making sure that they follow the infrastructure guidelines that you set and help them make design / reliability trade offs and implement systems that fail over gracefully and transparently to clients
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions that enables the production systems to be monitored 24/7
- Respond to requests from engineering by building self-service solutions
- Make sure that any tech solution that you put in place is robust, will scale, and failover / BCP systems are in place
- Deployment and maintenance of databases and data store clusters across multiple datacenters worldwide.
- Liaise with 3rd parties to purchase / license technology that Schibsted needs
- Install, configure, fine-tune, and optimise technology solutions
- A BSc (or equivalent) degree in computer science
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Strong UNIX background
- The ability to write scripts to diagnose problems (Perl, Python or similar)
- Proven ability and experience developing computer programs (Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and familiar to Continuous Integration
- Experience in building systems that scale
- Experience with modern deployment tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef