What is Taxfix?
Taxfix is a well-funded tech startup in the heart of Berlin. It is our mission to make tax declarations easy!
We believe that everybody, regardless of their income, deserves to get the maximum out of their tax returns.
This is why we want to provide everyone with a personalized tax accountant at their fingertips. Today, Taxfix allows you to file taxes in 25 minutes, no tax knowledge required, no stress, and no forms. Our App offers a chat-like interface to guide you through the process and gives you the maximum return.
Our team has a proven record of creating products that help people improve their lives. We share a passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. We are a small international team of smart, passionate and hardworking people who value non-bureaucratic processes and open communication.
Read about our financial background here.
You will be part of a talented multidisciplinary product team working with latest technologies. You will own the cloud infrastructure of our product, and be responsible for designing, deploying, securing and monitoring the environments for all our services and tools.
What you'll do
- Deploy the necessary cloud infrastructures to run our applications, backend services and data processing tools in a secure, resilient and scalable manner.
- Deploy tools for monitoring and alerts.
- Develop software that enables us to ship products and updates to customers fast, constantly, and reliably.
- Work closely with our product teams to support them with infrastructure topics, as well as, develop tools with them that can improve the development experience and delivery cycles.
- Mentor other developers and create a culture of high awareness for security within the company.
- Design, develop, and deploy tools that enable us to trace and understand issues that occur on our production infrastructures.
- Be pragmatic, and apply the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems.
- You will be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to create reliable apps.
What you need
- Be an expert with cloud computing platforms such as GCP and AWS.
- Previous experience running production systems in a micro-service architecture using Kubernetes or other container-based infrastructures.
- Previous experience deploying maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Good understanding of distributed system and requirements for high availability.
- Experience in taking ownership.
- Enjoy working on an agile environment.
- Previous experience with BEAM (Erlang Virtual Machine).
- Previous experience setting up and running computational clusters such as Spark or Hadoop.
- Contributions to open source projects.
You will be a substantial factor for the company success
You will work closely with the founders on a strategic level
You will redefine the way people handle their taxes and revolutionize a huge industry
A competitive salary and stock options
Flexible working hours and a great office location in Berlin
Mac / Apple hardware and standing desks
Regular company events
A strong support for your personal growth and development
Excited about being part of Taxfix? Awesome! We are looking forward to receiving your application.