DATUMIZE is introducing a new suite of cloud-based applications (SaaS) based on Amazon Web Services (AWS). These applications require an advanced architecture under the scenes to provide a smooth customer onboarding. Besides this, Datumize Zentral is another new cloud-based product supporting our core technology.
We are looking for a proactive, tenacious and focused individual to join our Engineering team in Barcelona, an experienced Devops Engineer that will serve as the critical bridge between development, quality, IT, and product management to ensure the success of our new cloud platform.
Datumize is looking for a Devops to join the Engineering team. You will enjoy being part of a company focused on the development of low-level applications. You will be able to decide the best approach to handle complex remote installations.
• Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
• Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
• Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
• Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
• Prioritize resource allocation based on competing priorities.
• Provide input and execute on efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of our development projects, working autonomously and other company areas to ensure new capabilities are successfully brought to market.
Required Skills and Experience:
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline.
• AWS: +2 years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, RedShift, IAM, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
• DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
• Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
• Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
• Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
• Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
• Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment
• Desire and willingness to be challenged and learn about new technologies as domains
• Excellent English, written and spoken
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
• OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C#).
• DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
• Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as SVN.
• Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
• Automatic Deployment (Chef)
• Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
• NoSql databases (InfluxDB)
• Full-time job
• High-Tech Startup environment
• Product development company (we’re not a consulting/integrator company!)
• Competitive fixed salary.
• Project bonuses.
• Professional career development in a highly skilled team that combines senior and junior members.
• Participate in company 2018 Stock Plan.
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment in Barcelona
• A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks and good coffee
• Excellent location, near to beach and mountains.