DevOps Engineer in Barcelona
Lodgify is a fast-growing startup focused on building vacation rental software that enables property owners and managers to independently manage and market their business online. We are an international team of more than 240 people and 50 different nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, and we've been featured twice in Wired's 100 Hottest European startups list.
🌟 About the role
We are looking for a DevOps engineer with strong programming background to join our Infrastructure team. The team is working in an agile environment and is responsible for maintaining our cloud infrastructure and ensuring the reliability of our services while enhancing current workflows.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Kubernetes from a developer point of view and will be confident with maintaining production workloads in Kubernetes. Continuous learning, good investigation and troubleshooting skills and a solid technical background are some important traits that are necessary for this role.
🧞♂️ What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining our production and development cloud environments, including Kubernetes clusters, data services, and 3rd party integrations
- Design, develop, and deploy Kubernetes-based infrastructure for our cloud-based applications using GitOps methodologies
- Enhance CI/CD pipelines and closely working with our development teams to increase the delivery speed
- Ensuring fulfilment and further development of the SLAs for our services and compliance with security industry standards
- Participate in the Infrastructure team on-call rotation
👩🚀 Technical requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing Kubernetes in production environments
- Experience with Kubernetes as well as with Helm templating, ingress controllers, CRDs, load balancing, auto-scaling and high availability concepts
- Administrating cloud platforms (AWS or GCP) with configuration management (such as Pulumi, Terraform or other)
- Experience with various database/stateful systems such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Experience with GitOps methodologies and tools (Flux, ArgoCD, Jenkins X or other)
- Good understanding of the internet technologies (DNS, HTTP, GRPC)
- Backend programming (C#, Go or others) and scripting (Python, Bash or other)
- Experience in Linux system administration
Good to have
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- Experience with Kubernetes Service Mesh and API Gateways
- Experience with Cloudflare, WAFs and other CDNs
- Database administration experience
- Work from home flexibility.
- Permanent contract with a competitive salary.
- 25 working days of paid vacation.
- Private health insurance (that includes travel insurance, dental plan, and psychologist)
- Monthly meal stipends of 150€.
- Allowance for your home-office setup.
- Computer and gadgets for your daily work.
- Free Spanish classes.
- Referral program with paid compensation.
- Daily breakfast at the office: Coffee, sandwiches, cookies, fruits and much more!
- Opportunities for growth and development with a training budget.
- Great culture & working environment with an international team of over 40 different nationalities.
- Jornada Intensiva in August.
- Mental well-being.
- Regular team-building events and activities.
- Training and mentorship program.
- Yearly performance reviews.
- Sick leave fully covered.
⭐ Why you’ll love us:
You’ll be part of a growing, dynamic company with a truly international team. At Lodgify, we are full of contagious energy, hard work, and passion for what we do. Lodgify is committed to creating a workplace where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.
We are proud to have an international team that acknowledges a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At Lodgify, we celebrate diversity and difference, and we are strongly committed to building an inclusive environment for all our employees.
All applications must be submitted in English. Applications in any other language will not be considered.