Right now is an incredible time to be a part of the Printful team.
We're building an ecommerce framework at a pace that allows us to keep adding new and exciting job positions month after month. As a company, we're ever-evolving and hungry for knowledge and talent. If you share our passion, it's time for you to join our team of creators.
When you think of Printful, you think of ecommerce and print-on-demand. However, at our core, we see ourselves as an IT company. Our entire business is built on a complex system that never fails to surprise newcomers to our team.
With 300K+ customers using Printful services and 30M+ delivered items to date, we’re one of the world’s leading printing, warehousing, and fulfillment companies. After seeing explosive growth in 2020, we’re proud to have become the first privately owned company with Latvian roots to achieve unicorn status (valued at over $1 billion).
Since opening in 2013, we’ve grown into a team of 1,800+ employees worldwide. Our IT Team alone consists of more than 170 experts who work on various internal and external projects. The workload is divided among smaller teams, such as:
- Core Team: works on our AI systems and provides long-term technical solutions—infrastructure, framework, libraries, processes, tools, guidelines, etc.
- Merchant Solutions: maintains our API, deploys new and existing ecommerce platforms, and works on other customer-facing features
- Fulfillment & Stock: ensures every order from our customers is sent to the Printful system and our production equipment
- Billing, Warehousing & Fulfillment, Shipping, and several other teams in charge of other Printful services and tools
If you want to see your ideas turned into reality and enjoy the freedom to experiment, Printful is the right place for you. We’re looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer to join our Core Team.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll simplify and improve the workflow of hundreds of Printful employees. You’ll be able to learn new tools and create infrastructure to support projects of different types and sizes.
Your daily tasks will entail:
- administrating AWS services and Linux servers
- implementing development tools and processes (e.g., CI/CD, monitoring)
- preparing Docker images for local, staging, and production environments
- writing infrastructure as code
- developing and implementing custom solutions for our Development Team
- working closely with other IT teams to reach common goals
The job is challenging and exciting. You’ll discover that it pays off to have trust in your team and your professional know-how: you don’t know where it may take you. (Did you know that our CEO Davis Siksnans started out as a Draugiem.lv IT admin?)
Below is a list of formal requirements, but what matters the most is that you’re willing to learn different approaches to manage infrastructure at scale. Since we’re an international team, our developers also need to have good English skills.
What we expect from you:
- ability to read and understand PHP/Golang code (experience with modern PHP frameworks is preferred)
- background in configuring and troubleshooting Nginx and PHP-FPM
- proficiency in managing MySQL servers and understanding of complex queries
- experience working with different Linux distributions (Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Alpine, etc.)
- expertise in:
- Docker/Docker Compose
- AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, Lambda, Athena
- monitoring AWS Cloudwatch/Zabbix/NewRelic/DataDog
- understanding of basic networking concepts
Experience with the following tools and tasks will be considered an advantage:
- Gitlab CI
- other AWS services like ECS, EKS
- Helm Charts
- ELK stack
- Big Data solutions
- creating infrastructure as code (preferably Terraform)
- security monitoring
- distributed services
- flexible working hours (start your day as late as 10 a.m.)
- all the tools you’ll need for work (Mac, Windows, or Linux and hardware of your choice)
- health insurance
- resources for professional growth (conferences, books, workshops, mentoring)
- exciting team building events and guest lectures
- employee discounts
- possibility to work abroad for a month each year
- a day off on your birthday
- coaching sessions
- other Printful employee benefits
Printful is an equal opportunity workplace. We’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and make our hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and work experience.
If you think you’d excel in this role, send us your resume and a cover letter in English, showing why you’re the right person for the job!
Interested, but don’t think this is the right fit for you? Feel free to share it with friends and check out other open positions at Printful. We’re always looking for creative and driven minds to join our ever-growing team.