As an online gaming company, our software is the heart of our business. We strive to create a safe, engaging and unparalleled player experience; we research, experiment and iterate. Our mission: to build a product and an organisation that puts the experience first, delivering high-quality products our players love while enabling our people to be productive and creative without unnecessary disturbances.
We’re currently looking for a Senior System Engineer / DevOps who can evaluate and implement software and infrastructure technologies to improve technology, both for our customers using our services all across the globe, as well as for fellow employees working at our headquarters.
What you will do
- Work closely with the development team to build and support various gaming products.
- Endorse a DevOps mentality in getting stuff done.
- Manage automation processes, from provisioning and inception through to day-to-day operations.
- Research, evaluate and implement various technologies to improve our gaming platform efficiency, performance and availability.
- Work regularly with open source technologies.
- Maintain internal and compliance-related documentation.
We are looking for someone who
- Is experienced with on-premise hosting and cloud providers such as AWS.
- Has a solid grasp of networking and security around both data centre and cloud-based environments.
- Strives to build and maintain highly available business-critical systems within a microservices environment.
- Has a deep understanding of Linux and is comfortable with scripting.
- Experience with Kubernetes would be considered an asset.
- Endorses Infrastructure as Code, automation and is familiar with Git.
- Is proactive, enthusiastic, and capable of solving complex technical problems in a 24x7 environment.
- Has demonstrated practical experience with technologies such as CDNs, firewalls, load balancers, web servers, docker, messaging systems, orchestration tooling, monitoring, log aggregation.
DevOps at Casumo
Our mission is to deliver highly available, performant, scalable and self-healing stacks using CI/CD pipelines so that our services run with zero downtime. Our mindset is to deliver the best technology stacks needed by the business.
We pride ourselves on continuously improving our setup and tools. We research, evaluate, implement, iterate.
A few of the cool things we are up to:
- We make a real impact by proactively delivering top-notch systems and tooling.
- We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team.
- We are passionate about automation, monitoring, and scalable systems.
- We take pride and accountability in the systems we create and maintain.
Join us for a career where you’ll grow personally & professionally within an Agile environment.
Casumo is an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented people to build something different & unique; we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability.
Malta & Barcelona
Casumo is the first online adventure-based casino. Our mission is to disrupt the industry by focusing on developing a new betting experience, using gamification and slick UI to provide an unparalleled user experience. We are quite unique in what we do and how we do it and we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desire to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. Our engineers collaborate as an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. We have active contributors to open source (Zipkin, Springboot, Axon framework); we care about knowledge sharing internally and externally, and we mean it. This is why we run internal Tech events and trainings - the latest being Axon - and encourage our staff to attend and/or speak to conferences. The sumos are making real impact by working on an unparalleled product. We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team
What are we currently up to
- Development of new greenfield products using modern technologies
- Creating beautiful UI interactions driven by gestures
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices
- New integrations with various game suppliers and payment providers.
Our tech stack:
- Backend side:
Java Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ & Kafka) and Axon. Java frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate. Devops: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, cloud
- Frontend side:
KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS.
Check our current positions at casumo careers